Chapter Three ✎ - Embersong's Prosperity And Silverstripe's Vision

A ginger she-cat looked out at the territory. She noticed movements in the dark, however she knew what it was. The shadowy movement was clad in silver from the moon whenever it left the darkness of the pine trees' long shadows.

"Hey, Silverstripe!" Called the ginger she-cat softly as she followed the white-and-silver cat. "Can we hunt together, like we did moons ago when we were still apprentices fresh out of the nursery?"

Silverstripe regarded the ginger cat with shining, ice blue eyes. Her eyes shown with warmth, even with their coldness from the moon. "With pleasure, Embersong." Silverstripe waited for Embersong to catch up and then said, "I miss our Clan being under Spiderstar's leadership. Not that Honeystar didn't do what she could, but..."

Embersong nodded and headed away from the pine cluster that surrounded camp. "I do, too. Even though we'd only just become kits born to SkyClan, it still would have been nice to be a SkyClan apprentice and warrior. But at least Honeystar lead a Clan and we had some of our old Clanmates and mentors. The last cats who were SkyClan warriors are elders now, like Honeyleaf retiring her lives, and Swallowflight." The ginger she-cat was watching the shadows, ears perked forward. She saw a hint of movement, and as Silverstripe took a breath to reply, Embersong quickly moved her tail over her friend's muzzle.

They both dropped into the hunter's crouch, the never-ending training made it smooth and precise, and silently split up around the prey that was in the shadows. It was a blackbird, and it blended into the shadows of night very well with the black feathers. Silverstripe got close to it, closer than Embersong was, and rested her paw on a leaf. The slight rustle alerted the bird and it immediately launched itself into the air. Embersong was one step ahead of it and, claws extended, brought it struggling to the ground. She swiftly bit it's neck, killing it and making it limp, and picked it up in her jaws. Silverstripe padded over with her paws and tail dragging.

"That was careless of me," she mewed. "I should have been more careful. It is leaf-fall now, not greenleaf anymore."

"Stop it," Embersong chided around the blackbird. "All warriors make mistakes. Besides, it's just now turned colder, towards leaf-fall. The leaves are barely any other color than green." She turned towards the pine hollow, the camp, with Silverstripe walking along besides her.

The venture back to camp was silent and uneventful, no prey wanting to be out in the dead of a leaf-fall night. They entered the pine trees around the hollow pine tree. With their SkyClan trained muscles, the two she-cats leaped high and landed right in the camp entrance, neither one using their claws to climb. Silverstripe headed into her den and back to her nest while Embersong dropped the blackbird on the fresh-kill pile and went back to the camp entrance, which is a hole in the hollow tree, and stared at the moon.

Oh, StarClan. We've had no problems of foxes, rogues, or the new SkyClan. Why do I have the feeling that this time of peace will not last much longer?

✿ ✿

Yep. I may be doing the thing all warrior's fans eventually do: make my own Clan, story, ect ect.
The reason I felt I should do this is because I have writer's block for my Pokèmon story and I really don't want to try writing about Goldenglow Estate for my Skyrim story right now. So what better to do than make a prolog for a possible story?
I'll continue this if you guys want to see it, also I can give a bit of lore to the location of the Clan that I have not given the name of just yet :3
So vote or comment if you want to see Silverstripe and Embersong continue to be characters I use!

Silverstripe and Embersong belong to me
Honeystar / Honeyleaf and Swallowflight are cats from Ancient SkyClan, when they all dispersed from the gorge, far away from the Forrest Territories. I just renamed Honeyleaf to make her a leader since she was a good deputy. So yeap. She is not mine. Also I only made up Silverstripe and Embersong so far, so this'll be a while before I make this Clan.