"I'm going to go away for awhile. I got in a little trouble with my boss, which is why I got the shiner." Lila said with a slight smile still on her face; which is surprising. "I'm going out of the state for awhile, I don't want to take Mike with me, it is a little dangerous. Not dangerous, but where I'm going to stay isn't meant for a child. It's only going to be two weeks when I'm gone; I'm going to give you enough money for Mike's expenses. Hopefully that'll help."

I reached out to grab her soft hands over the table. "Listen, if you need anything else, I'm here for you. Yes we've been friends for a month, and what's happening is sudden- really sudden. So I'm going to call someone that can help you while your gone."

From under the large sunglasses, I can till her eyes is lighting up. "W-what? H-how? Who?"

"Lila, I know your job helped you through the tough times, but you have a son that's growing up and going to question everything you do. What I'm saying is, I know someone that will get you out of your predicament. But if you want to, it is your choice."

She slowly removed her hand from mine as she think of the option. "Um, I don't think it's going to be that easy to just leave my job. I want what's best for my son-"

"What's best for your son is for his mother to be healthy." I stated. "Like I said, it's your choice. But do you want to get worse bruises than that one on your eye?"

Once again she thought about her option before taking a sip of her ice water. "I-I have to think about it. For the meantime can you watch Mike?"

I nod my head quickly. "Of course. But I should warn you, this is my first time watching a young child since twenty years ago, do I may be a little rusty."

"Trust me, he basically do things himself most of the time."

~
Lila was right. While Mike stayed over my loft, he done things himself; such as bathe himself, brush his hair, dress himself, and poured his own cereal. Of course I still gotta pull out his clothes, set the water and cook for him since he's still five and kinda clumsy. Either way, he's a smart little boy.

"Sky!" Mike called me by my nickname, like always I come to his aid by setting his bathe water.

"Is that the right temperature?" I asked as he tested the warm water on his small hand.

With a nod of his head, he turned to me with a toothless smile. "Yes, thank you."

"You're welcome, I'll be out here if you need me okay."

"Okay," Mike said as he started to strip out of his clothes to show his mocha skin and small baby gut. After he took off he's shirt I left the bathroom to give him some privacy.

I soon grabbed my phone to send Lila a text that Mike was getting ready for bed, but before I can press send; Danielle name popped up on my screen.

"Hello?" I said in the receiver.

"Hello?! That's all I get when I'm stuck outside your loft at night, with expensive luggage in my hand, wearing uncomfortable heels and inappropriate clubbing clothing!"

A chuckle pass my lips as I walked towards the door to press the button to let my sister in. "Say that any louder and you'll actually get robbed and raped. Door is open by the way."