Chapter 10

Marley walked into her office, smiling that she finally got enough courage to stand up for herself again. She logged into her computer and opened up one of her files, showing a map of the building. She was planning on escaping. She needed to get Nan and herself out of this place because Sharp was going to end up killing them. She heard the door open when she exited out of the file. She logged out of her computer when she was grabbed from behind, having a strong hand cover her mouth. Marley kicked into over drive and tried to get out of the strong grasp. Why? Not again!

What are you doing Marley? Where will you go if you actually escape?

I am going to run into the medical wing, get Nan and then book it out of this Hell hole. I need to get out.

How about just run out. You know how to get out.

I can't leave Nan. Not after everything I have put her through. It is the least I can do.

Stop feeling like this. It just makes you weak.

This is over. Everything you have been telling me for the past month or so has been completely wrong.

Marley elbowed the man behind her and felt his grasp loosen a bit. That was her chance. She bit down on his hand, breaking skin. He let go as he yelped out in pain. Marley wiggled out of the loosened grasp and headed for the door at a sprint. Marley got out of her office and ran down the hallway towards the medical wing when she was tripped. Marley fell straight to the ground, hitting her face against the linoliom ground. She was picked up and held tightly as she was dragged down the hallway towards the all to familiar room that had fostered the torment that caused her so much pain. She looked around to make sure that Nan wasn't there and luckily she wasn't. She was thrown onto the ground, having her hair fall in front of her face. She had taken her bun out about an hour ago, not caring about the dress code. It was really late at night and no one would have seen her. In fact, she barely even followed the dress code. She just wore it today because she needed to hide the fact that she didn't get her biannual hair cut. She didn't want to look like the clones this facility was making everybody into. Plus, she didn't like her naturaly curly hair cut short... it looked like a fro.

Mr. Sharp motioned to Marley as Oliver walked over. He took off her scarf, her long coat and her blazer, leaving her in slacks and her white long sleeved blouse. He then shoved her to the ground roughly and walked off.

"Marley, why do you do this to yourself?" Marley looked up and saw Mr. Sharp there, in front of her.

"I don't know. To add excitement to my life. What do you think?" Marley couldn't help but have sarcasm in her voice. It was who she was. "And to think that an idiot like you is in charge of this place. Unbelievable."

That earned Marley a boot to the jaw. Marley's head snapped back as she was kicked to the ground. Marley held her jaw, feeling it pop. It was a solid kick. Marley moved back to her knees and sat up, looking up into Mr. Sharp's grey eyes. "I really don't need your bullshit right now and you could use a little less as well."

"What? Because of you and your little possy? No matter how much you beat me up, you will never break me. It is who I am. You should be used to me now, since you have had me here for ten years." Marley was kicked in the stomach, bringing Marley to the ground, coughing.

"I have thought about killing you long ago but I couldn't." Mr. Sharp towered over Marley as she tried to compose herself.

"Why? Because I was too valuable to you?" Marley said, still strong.

"No. Because it is just too much fun doing this." Mr. Sharp kicked Marley in the mouth, having her fall back to the ground, holding her mouth. She lifted herself up with one arm, leaning on it when he kicked her in the stomach causing her to cough and splatter blood on his pin striped trousers. Marley leaned on her hands, sitting on her knees. Mr. Sharp looked up at Oliver. He walked up and stepped on Marley's back, flattening her to the ground. "Now look. You got blood on my trousers. Shame on you." Marley struggled underneath Oliver's boot but he just pressed harder, having her back crack. She stopped as she heard Mr. Sharp chuckle.