Chapter Twelve

So the competition is in two days and I'm really excited. Dominic and I have been working very hard the last few days that I've missed. But we finally got back into the groove of things. He and his Rangers have been very supportive.

I still don't understand how I could forget being friends with these amazing people.  When I decided to let everyone tell me how things went on before my accident, I was heartbroken. My dream of doing new things already came true but I can't remember them. All I can remember was the night my older sister left for college last year and we got into this huge fight.

(One Year ago)

 Nadia was all packed and ready to go. Of course, I didn't want her to leave but it's her plan to go off to a big university and follow her dreams of becoming a doctor. She wanted to be just like my dad, help others any way she could. She got that generous thing from him. You could definitely say that she was a daddy's girl.

But for me on the other hand, I stuck to my mom like glue. I thought she was the smartest person in the world.  She would always teach me how to dress, speak, table manners and most of all how to dance. Every day after school, she would be teaching me balance, poise and presence.

And at a time, I thought that was the only way of life. She was my role model...and my hero.

"How could you say that about our mother?!" I yelled at Nadia. "She would never do something as cheap and disgusting as that!!"

"Vicky, you didn't hear what I heard," Nadia sat on her bed. " She was on the phone with some man, talking about how this affair couldn't go on. She said her children are very important to her"

"Well even if she was in an affair, she broke it off," I said crossing my arms. "That what she said right?"

"That's what I thought, until the next week when I caught her at a restaurant"

"So what? People eat at restaurants"

"But she was with a man, a man who wasn't our dad. He looked a bit younger than her, probably in his late twenties or early thirties"

"You have no proof that they did anything," I said hoping that she didn't have proof. Mom would never do such a thing like this. Not the mom I know. Not the woman who raised me to respect myself and all the other things she has forced upon me.

"I followed them lil ' sis......they checked into a very cheap, three-star hotel. I mean seriously! If your going to have sex, at least--"

I shot a glare at her when she said those words. How could she be making jokes at a serious accusation like this?

"I'm sorry that I'm telling you this today of all days," she got up and grabbed my shoulders. "But you're the only one I could talk to about this...can you walk with me to my car?"

I was confused and frustrated. I couldn't even look at her right now. How could she make lies against her own mother? The one who gave us life and taught us right from wrong. I knew my mother more than anybody and she's not a cheater.

I pushed her hands off of my shoulders and walked towards my room.

"Have fun on your trip," I said quietly to myself. And I never saw her after that. She would be either too busy or too tired to visit for the holidays. I just thought she was making excuses to not come home. Good thing she didn't, because I wouldn't have even acknowledged her anyways.

(The Present)

A picture was materializing in front of me. I could recognize the setting, but not what was going on.

Dominic was on his bed laying down with his shirt off. His six pack was poking out as he was breathing in and out. His eyes were closed, but he wasn't asleep.

'Are you okay in there?' he asked somebody.

'Im fine I just need one more minute!' said a girl's voice. I walked into Dominic's bathroom and saw myself staring in the mirror. I had a robe on and I looked like I was about to have a panic attack. What was I so nervous for?

'C'mon Vicky, you can do this,' my dream self said. 'The love of your life is waiting and you're in here having a panic attack like in six grade. You're the one that said you were ready to do this. Now get out there...'

I nodded once and closed my eyes, 'Whatever happens, he'll still love you..'

'....you know we can wait if you're not ready,' Dominic said walking over to hug my waist from behind. 'But no matter what I'm with you'

He kissed my neck till he met my lips. Our kiss was long and passionate. And like last time I could feel it. The softness of his lips, his sweet scent of vanilla and he tasted like mint. When we finally separated, we rested our foreheads together and stared into each other's eyes.

'I love you,' he said. 'No matter what happens, I will always love you'

'And I will always love you,' I said. 'forever...'

I sat up in my bed. This couldn't have been just a dream, but a memory. Maybe my memories are coming back in mixed up bits and pieces.