● Chapter Two ●

Chay Suede as Dominic Garcia

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ஜ۩۞۩ஜ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

I woke up this morning feeling exhausted. I didn't sleep very well last night despite taking my pills. I don't remember the last time I was able to fall asleep by myself.

Everyone will take one good look at me and know that there's something wrong because there is. I'm a big bundle of nerves. And a piece of my life is missing from my brain. The picture that was sent to me last night proves it.

My most recent memory (before the accident) was from July of last year. Actually, it was the day I auditioned for that recital. I remember working my ass off every day leading up to that audition. But everything between that time and waking up in the hospital is blurry. That's almost six months of my life that have been completely erased from my brain.

How is that even possible? And why those specific memories?

I would have never thought that it would be this exciting to wear heels again. They used to be an everyday thing. But since I never go anywhere, there was no point in putting them on. I walked over to my full-bodied mirror and took in the feeling of wearing a dress for the first time in seven months. All I had been wearing nowadays were sweats and workout clothes. My confidence level went up a bit more remembering how fun it was to dress up.

I walked over to my dresser and picked up my bottle of anxiety pills. I haven't had to take them as much these past couple of days. My doctor prescribed them only when I really need them. So I'll keep the bottle in my bag just to be on the safe side. Hopefully, they'll stay in there.

As I walked down the staircase, I could smell the bacon and eggs that the chef had prepared. My parents already went to work (being the CEOs of their companies and all). So they left a note underneath my car keys.

Have a great day, and be safe. Don't work yourself too hard. We love you -MOM & DAD

P.S. It's all about precision. Perfection is key.

"Breakfast is served!" said Evangeline, our chef. "We have eggs, bacon, french toast, and freshly squeezed orange juice"

"Everything smells wonderful, Evangeline," I said, inhaling the delicious aroma of the plates that were set in front of me. "Thank you"

As great as this was, the thought of going to school was still lingering in the back of my mind.

"Everything okay, sweety?" Evangeline asked.

I must have been daydreaming again. I do that a lot.

"Yes," I lied. "Why do you ask?"

She pointed down at the table and I realized that I was fidgeting with my fork. I placed the fork on the table and put my hands on my lap.

"Vicky I've known you since you were seven," Evangeline poured me a glass of juice. "And I've been watching you these past couple of months. It's time for you to get back out there and live your life"

"I don't know if it's that simple," I took a sip from the glass. "I don't know how I can move on when there's a part of my life I can't even remember. And no one seems to want to tell me anything"

Evangeline looked at her watch and started wrapping my food on a paper plate. I could tell she was trying to avoid this conversation with the look on her face. It's the same look that everyone gives me when I bring this subject up. There was something that she wasn't telling me.