●Chapter Four●

Mya and Myka Montoya as Janet and Janese

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ஜ۩۞۩ஜ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

(Dominic's POV)

It's always been difficult for me to get used to a new partner. I'm a perfectionist. And I know I can be a pain in the ass to work with at times. My students have no problems telling me that. But this audition is going to determine on whether I can compete in the duet portion of the competition or not. The studio has always competed in the group category. I never even thought of the duo category until I met Vicky.

With her it was easy. A song would come on and we would know exactly what to do. It's not something I can recreate with someone else.

All the girls that are trying out will be taken into a room of mirrors and will be taught a routine by two of my best dancers Lizzy and Derek. They'll have only three days to learn and perfect it. Then the ten girls that they believe are the best audition in front of me on Friday. Only they wont know it's me.  It's not that I don't trust their judgement, but they can be a bit immature at times. They better take this seriously.

I have no idea who any of these girls look like. The boys and my sisters say I can be a bit picky when it comes to new people to work with, which is absolutely true. If I'm going to be working with this person for the next couple of weeks, I'll be as picky as I need to. So, all I know are their numbers and the ranking that Lizzy and Derek gave them.

The song that goes with this choreography is difficult. In fact it was the choreography that Vicky and I were supposed to do at the competition. I would come up with something else, but we're cutting it close as it is. Hopefully this works or I'll have to forfeit.

{Friday Afternoon- Audition Day}

Thankfully the drama department allowed us to us the auditorium. That way we can see how they perform on a stage.

"Next!" Janese said to one of the auditioning girls.

The girl that was on stage rolled her eyes and stomped off.

"What the hell were those two thinking?" Janet asked. "Every single one of these girls barely got through this routine"

Every single dancer that we've seen didn't feel quite right. In fact, I'm seriously questioning Lizzy and Chris' eye sight. That's the last time I give them this type of responsibility. They're amazing dancers, but they're the two biggest goofballs I've ever met. I should've just let my sisters run auditions.

"Oh I know what they were thinking," Janese said. "Derek probably went for the ones he would want to hook up with. And Lizzy probably slacked off like she usually does and just picked people at random"

"How many more do we have?" I asked.

"One more," Janet answered flipping through the pages of her clipboard. "They wrote that these auditions were a waste of time and that you should definitely pick the last girl"

"I swear the next time I see those two..." Janese started.

"Do either of you know who they're talking about?" I interrupted. "Or got a glimpse of what she looks like?"

"They wouldn't let us see any of the girls," Janet rolled her eyes.

"Didn't want us going home and reporting to you," Janese smirked. "They better be right about this one"

"Well call her in," I said typing on my phone. "Let's get this over with. I have homework to do"

"Number ten!" Janet yelled. "You're up next"