Piano Man - Chapter 16

Start from the beginning

“I’m sorry” I apologized, and got up making my way upstairs. Noah’s kiss was so soft and gentle, but all I could think about was him and Nour kissing. Noah wasn’t who I originally thought he was, I had to rememeber he was a teenage boy full of hormones, and if I let him kiss me and then go back to Nour he would take advantage of it. I quickly changed into my pajamas and then crawled into bed.  I didn’t want to wake up tomorrow to face Noah, and part of believed if I fell into a deep enough sleep I wouldn’t have to.

I was never one for confrontation which is why I woke up early knowing that Noah wouldn’t be awake yet. I went down the stairs quietly, and greeted everyone who was awake at the breakfast table, which consisted of the wives and Callie.

“Want to come play with me?” She asked

“Cal she just woke up” Perrie hushed her. “ Do you want coffee or anything?” she asked getting up.

“Perrie” Shawna stated. “Sit down, you’re a guest too”

“Sorry it’s an instinct” Perrie blushed slightly.

“I’m good, I was actually going to go to the bar” Shawna looked at me confused. “Ed wanted me in early to teach me a few things” I lied. I just wanted to get there as soon as possible so I  wouldn’t miss Michael as well as avoiding Noah.

“Just let me get Noah up, he can drive you” Shawna stated and went to go get Noah.

“No! I mean it’s fine” I explained.”I was going to walk there for a bit of exercise”I made up another lie. “That’s actually why I am up so early” I smiled.

“Okay, be safe” Shawna smiled back, and I walked out of the dining room. I stepped outside and there was a nice cool breeze, along with the smell of dew. It  was one of my favourite smells, it was so fresh, cool and calming. I walked swiftly knowing that it would take sometime to get there, but I also knew I did need some time to think. I was never good at confrontation and after thinking about it I needed to confront both Michael and Noah. I needed to ask Michael how he knew all this information that even his best mates don’t know, and if he is my dad. Just thinking about this gave me butterflies, but confronting Michael was the easy one. Confronting Noah was the thought that made me feel sick. I really liked Noah, and it kind of hurt that maybe he didn’t like me enough back to just like me. I needed to tell Noah how I feel about him, and then tell him that it is me or Nour. That was the part my that me even more nervous. What if I poured my heart out to him and his decision was simple, that he liked Nour. I shook the horrible thoughts out of my head. I need to think positive, and clear minded going in to talking to Michael. It would be hard not to think about Noah, but finding my dad was the first priority.

I continued to walk along the country roads, taking in all the scents and scenery. It was all breathtaking, as the sun was finishing rising lightly touching everything. The birds were chirping and I could hear the windmills spinning in the distance. It all faded though as I got closer to town and instead of fields were small buildings, with the sounds of cars and people making their way to work with their morning coffees. Eventually I was at the bar, which had just open. I opened the door signalling the bell and looked around the empty room. Ed came out of his office. “Darcy!”he greeted me. “What are you doing here, especially so early? You don’t work today” he asked.

“I was hoping to talk to Michael” I stated shyly.

“Ahh good ole Michael and his tales” Ed chuckled. “He should be here soon, he gets here the same time everyday”  he added. I didn’t want to tell him I knew that because it is a little strange to know someone you hardly know work schedule. I turned around quickly as the bell on the door rang, to see Michael walking through. “Speak of the devil” Ed chuckled. Michael looked a surprised to see me.