MORE THAN GOLD 28

"The blinds wide open so he can,

See you in the dark when you're sleepin'...-

-...You're sleeping alone in your bed

But check your window, he's at your window"

Golden🔆

It's been a few weeks since Kaelin has been taken out of my custody. I don't understand how my mother got custody of her and so quick at that. Every time I thought things were looking up and I was about to take a seat and relax it was pulled from under me and I fell flat on my ass.

Kae had also started Kindergarten and I had to stand to the side as if I wasn't her mother. She cried every time I saw her and tried to run to me. I knew my mother was trying to feed her lies about me ro turn her against me but Kaelin only trust a few and my mother wasn't one of them.

I heard a knocking at my door and made a face. I had invited Shae and she said was coming over and but she said she would call in an hour. Getting up I walked to the front door and looked out the peephole and saw it was Kendrick.

"Hey Kendrick, what are you doing here?" I asked confused.

"Trey told me you quit and left some stuff, you know you my favorite there. Why you gonna leave me like that?" he laughed and I noticed a box in his hand.

"I know but I found a better job for me" I shrugged.

"That's cool but Diamond packed away your things that you left and I'm off so I decided to bring them to you, I got your address from Trey" he shrugged handing me the box.

"Aww thanks Ken, you didn't have to" I smiled taking the box out of his hand.

"No probably girl but just because you stopped working doesn't mean we can't be cool"

"Your right, I have your number so I'll hit you up whenever I'm free" I smiled.

"Alright cool, I'll see you around Gold" he said not leaving right away so we stood in an awkward silence until he walked away. He gave me a smirk over his shoulder before getting in the car. I shook my head at his weirdness and went back inside locking the door. I

My phone was going off siganaling someone was calling as I placed the box down. I saw Jayceon name flashing on the screen and answered.

"Hey baby" I smiled lightly.

"You busy?" He asked.

"No why you coming over?" I asked.

"Coming over? I just pulled up"

I did a little happy.dance because I missed him. He's been with me through this whole process with getting Kae back and I was so thankful. In a week I was going to court against CPS and my mother.

I ran to the door and jumped on Jayceon when I saw him standing there. I laid kisses all over his face as he stepped in the house and closed the door while holding me up with one hand.

"Damn you missed me or nah?" He laughed squeezing my butt.

"Just a little bit" I smirked biting his lips.

"Stop before you start something" he warned and I got off of him and stood on my feet.

"You can't handle all of this" I said doing a little twerk before going into the kitchen.

"Let's go test that theory out" he laughed standing behind me. I poked butt out a little bit on him and moved around.

"Nope I'm hungry move" I said moving him out of my way and walkedmover to the cabinets to get me some Ritz crackers.

"I got something you could eat?" I heard him mumble.

"Stop being nasty"

____________

"Hey boo" Shae smiled as I answered the door. I let her in amd smiled at Trey as he walked in also.

"Hey y'all, I got some movies picked out we could watch in the livingroom"

I locked thd door and followed them into the livingroom where Jay was chilling on the couch. He had his phone I'm hand and was texting someone. I sat next to him amd cuddled up close.

"Who we texting?" I asked tryimg to take a peek but he mushed me in my head.

"Shantanay, she mad about some bull" he said handing me his phone so I could read the text messages.

"What's this, I didn't know you came back for these I was gonna call you to come get them" Trey said moving the box I had out in front of the couch.

"Kendrick brought them here earlier, he said Diamond packed them up for me" I shrugged.

"Diamond? I told you to fire that thot months ago Trey" Shae said pushing him.

"Who's Kendrick? Why this nigga popping up at your house" Jay asked looking at me.

"He's a bodyguard at the club and I wasn't thinking about it before but Trey I told y'all not to give my address to anyone with my permission" I said turning my attention back to him. I was cool with Kendrick but I didnt want everybody and they momma popping up at my house if I didnt invite them.

"I never told Kendrick where you live, I don't even know your address, Shae drove here" he frowned looking at me. I was beyond confused now somebody was lying.

"He told me that you told him, how else would he know?" I asked talking to no one in general.

Something wasn't right at all.

_____________________

What y'all thinking?

naya🤘🏾