MORE THAN GOLD 14

"Because of you

I find it hard to trust not only me,

but everyone around me

Because of you, I am afraid"

Golden🔆

I sat in the mirror of my dressing room removing my makeup. I had just finished working and made a lot of money today. I heard a knock at the door and told who ever it was to enter and I saw Kendrick walk in.

"Jay here, should I let him in" he asked.

"Yeah go ahead"he answered as he turned around and left the room. A few minutes later Jayceon strolled in the room and stood in front of me staring.

"Hey" I spoke first deciding not to be a bitch to him.

"You still mad?" He asked looking hesitant to come near me.

"No you were right" I spoke honestly. I was way to old to play around with him.

"I was?" he asked unsure looking at me confused which made me laugh.

"Yeah I knew you got her pregnant and I decided to take you back. So now I have to deal with you and her having a child together"

"I'm sorry too though, I ain't mean to make you feel like you not important. I just wanna be there for my child, my dad wasn't around much when I was little, he was always working. I don't wanna be that kind of parent whether me and they mom got a bad relationship or not. I know I slipped up sleeping with her but I don't want her anymore"

"You're forgiven and I get it but can you not just ditch all the time for her. She over does it and calls you just because she can" I asked with a pout as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I can arrange that"

"Good because when it's my time with you I don't want it to be interrupted" I smiled pecking his lips.

"Now that we good, didn't I tell you to quit this stripping shit" he asked getting serious causing me roll my eyes.

"As soon as I find something to fall back on I will quit. This is my only source of income right now" I reminded him.

"You got me" he shrugged.

"You're my boyfriend, not my husband and even if you were I'm not completely depending on you financially. I need to have my own, we've only been together for six months" I explained. I didn't understand why some guys just expected woman to sit around at home while they work.

"Whats mine is yours"

"I'll quit when I am ready" I told him before backing away. I understand no guy wants his girl stripping and shit in front of other men but this was all I knew. I was going to save up the money I had and put myself through school and be a better mother to Kaelin.

_____________

"Thanks for meeting me Golden" my mother said as she sat on the couch. I decided not to go out and just speak to her with out any distractions. I didn't know what to say as she sat smiling in front of me.

"How have you been?" She asked deciding to start of the conversation first. I turned to make sure Kaelin was okay in the other room where she was playing with her toys.

"I've been fine, doing whats best for my daughter"

"That's good, I know it was hard to forgive me but thank you"