Chapter 20

"Wanna lunch together?"
   "Lunch isn't a verb." I smirked, slightly amused.
   "But it is!"he argued stubbornly.
   "Not."
   "Is."
   "Is not."
   "Is." He nudged me playfully.
   "Not!" I glared and screamed at him, pushing him to the edge of his chair.
   "Is!" He emphasised the "I" and pushed me off my chair.
   Dazed and stunned by the movement, I climbed on the chair. "No. It. Isn't."
   "Yes. It. Is." Ian mocked my tone.
   "Oh wait, it is." I mentally kicked myself for the late realisation.
   "Ha! In. Your. Face!"he taunted.
   "Well you don't use it like that." I insisted, crossing my arms in front on my chest.

   "Well--" Ian was interrupted by my sharp pinch on his arm.
   I glared at the door where the teacher eventually came in. Oh, God. He wasn't supposed to know I had special abilities of hearing. Even though I just found out a few weeks before. Ian cocked an eyebrow at me with a mixture of curiosity and gratitude.
   Get out of here as soon as the bell goes off.
   I made a mental note and had already started packing my bag, anxious to make sure that I leave quick enough so Ian couldn't question me about what had happened. Gently, I lifted my schoolbag onto my chair so it would be easier to just slip my arms though the holes and just run off and get lost in the crowds.

   Time crawled by as I sat in class, listening to the teacher's voice drone on and on about stuff I haven't even heard of before. Occasionally, I caught Ian glancing up at me from his notes, but I pretended to be occupied so that he wouldn't speak to me.

   Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.
   RING!!!

   Oh, joy!
   No sarcasm intended. I threw my things in a pile of mess into the backpack and rushed off, leaving a rather confused Ian behind. I looked for Mom at the exact location whee she had found me the day before.
   A de javu situation washed over me as I time rushed past and I kept glancing nervously from left to right, seeking my dear mother. I tipped my head back in frustration and realised that I have never seen this part of the school before.
   Jeez!
  I exclaimed and mentally kicked myself. How can two different buildings be identical?! I rushed to the road and instantly spotted my mother. I scoffed and paced towards her. She lifted her eyes from her phone and greeted me, asking me how school was that day. Yup, she always does that. Good mother she was.