Meaningful

"Emily, I want to take you somewhere tonight," Hayden said through the phone.

"Where?"

"Somewhere that means something to me."

"Okay." I said, "What should I wear?"

"Whatever's comfortable." 

______________________________

Hayden picked me up and we made small talk as we made our way to where ever he was taking me. 

"Wow!" I said as we pulled into the beach parking lot. It was really pretty. The sun was setting over the water.

"That's not all." He smiled. We were at a part I've never been too. I was wearing black leggings and a purple hoodie. I don't think this is a date, but if it is, I look like shit and honestly don't care. To be honest he wasn't dressed for a party either, in his worn-out black joggers and gray tee. So, who cares?  

"What else can there be? This is amazing Hayden." I said honestly.

"Okay, so I know this is soon, but I've never been so sure of something in my life." He looked at me in such seriousness, it was quite weird to see this side of him. I've known him for about 6 months now. I've grown to trust him, he's an amazing guy. He's always sweet and deals with me pretty well, even when I'm extremely moody.

"Emily? I asked you something." He said, snapping me out of my thoughts, he looked horribly nervous. I could tell by the way he always bit his lip. It's really cute, to be honest.

"I'm sorry what?" I said, ask he asked again, everything felt like slow motion.

"Will you go out with me? If its too soon I understand. I just can't ignore this feeling anymore. It's like every time I call you, see you, text you, it is just so great, and it makes me so happy. And really don't feel like you have to say yes..." He stopped rambling as I put my lips on his stubbly cheek.

"Yes, I know it seems like it would be too soon, especially after all that happened. I have my trust and faith in you. I know you'll treat me right, and try your best with everything in our new relationship. You'll be an amazing boyfriend. I can feel it." I said smiling. He stuck through it with me, and I'll stick through it with him. He's my best friend, and now my boyfriend too. I've always heard that your boyfriend should be like your best friend.

"Oh, that's great." He let out a sigh of relief and the gave me a big bear hug. He was so special. "I have something for you." He said, walking towards the car. When he came back he had a giant stuffed bear and a picnic basket. He handed me the bear and started setting up a cute romantic picnic blanket, with candles and the classical sandwich and a big bag of chips. It was so cute. We talked while munching on our sandwiches and chips. 

We spent the rest of the evening talking about random things. For the first time in a long time, I felt happy and relaxed. I wasn't on edge or nervous. I felt safe and loved. I want disappointed when we had to go home. "Thank you so much for this amazing night," I said hugging him goodbye under the porch light. 

"Amazing night for my amazing girlfriend," He winked and walked back to his car. He waved before taking off. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. He was such a great guy, and just maybe, just maybe I'd be lucky enough to spend the rest of my life with him.