Chapter 17: It All Comes Out

Lucy woke, feeling better than she had ever had in her entire life. A little sore, yes, but happier than ever. Kohta held her securely in her arms. His grip on her tightened when he felt her stir. Lucy smiled, she felt so good lying here in his arms.

There was only one minor discomfort. Nature was calling. She sighed in aggravation. She wanted to stay here in Kohta's arms, but she really had to go.

She tried to untangle herself from Kohta's arms, but he only held onto her tighter. Lucy smiled, and used her vectors to carefully pry his arms off her. He continued sleeping as she climbed out of the bed.

She picked up Kohta's shirt and slipped it on, then she made her way to the bathroom. After she relieved herself, she decided to take a bath. She was repelled to have to wash Kohta's scent from her body, but she needed to wash up. Besides, it would loosen her tired muscles from last night's activities.

Once she finished her bath and dried off, she wrapped the towel around herself and headed for her room.

"Have fun last night?"

Lucy topped. Slowly she turned to find Yuka leaning against the wall, her face hidden in the shadows. "Why do you ask?"

"I'm not stupid." Yuka's voice was strangely emotionless. "I know what happened last night between you and Kohta."

Lucy raised an eyebrow. So she knew, did she? Maybe that was for the best. Yes, it was. Now Yuka knew who Kohta truly belonged to. The game was over.

"Do you?" she said, feeling the need to confront Yuka head on about it. "Then you'll know that Kohta made his choice."

Yuka's fists clenched. She was silent for several seconds before speaking again. "I've loved Kohta a long time. Ever since I was a little girl. There's never been anyone besides Kohta in my heart."

"It's the same for me." came Lucy's quick response. "He's the only one I've ever loved, and the only one I will ever love." She narrowed her eyes at her former love rival. "And I'm never going to give him up. I'll do whatever it takes to keep Kohta. No matter who I have to hurt in the process." She calmly walked past Yuka, heading for her room. "And that includes you."

Yuka suddenly surprised her by grabbing her and slammed her against the wall. She held Lucy pinned there, her nails digging into Lucy's arms. Lucy let herself be manhandled, knowing that she could easily overpower the other woman if she had to.

"Just listen to me, you bitch!" Yuka shrieked. "I know you love Kohta, and I know Kohta loves you too. He may love me, but not the way I want him to. He only loves me as a cousin. That's all I am to him, no matter how much I love him, that will never changed."

She leaned forward, and Lucy got a good look at her eyes. They were filled with despair and heartbreak, tears flowing out of them. Yuka was hurting, and hurting badly, the phantom pain in her heart was worse than any physical pain she could have felt.

"No one loves Kohta as much as I do." She continued. "No one. And because I love him so much, I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make him happy, because that's what I want the most, his happiness." Her grip on Lucy tightened. "That's why I'm giving him up. I can't compete with the love you two share, no matter how strong my feelings for him are. You make him happier than I ever could. So I'll let you two have your happiness." Her grip on Lucy finally relaxed. "That's all I had to say."

She released the Diclonius and slowly began walking away. Lucy remained where she was, running Yuka's words through her find.

"You're wrong, you know."