Chapter 5: Back to Normal

It was almost as if nothing had happened. Nyu was back, and she was her normal cheerful self. She ran around, she played, she clung to Kohta, much to Yuka's annoyance, and acted as if she hadn't been away at all.

"Is this really ok?" Yuka asked. "To just ignore everything that's happened?"

Kohta sighed. "There's not much we can do about it. Nyu is… well, you know. Until Lucy resurfaces, we can't even talk to her about it."

"Right, Lucy." Yuka muttered.

She didn't know what to think about that. Nyu she could handle, but Lucy… She didn't know a thing about Lucy. But Kohta did. She knew it. He knew something.

She had to find out what it was. She didn't want to pry into Kohta's life, but now that Nyu had returned, she needed to know the truth.

Gathering her courage, she turned to Kohta. "What do you know?"

He gave a confused look. "Know what?"

She glared at him. "You know what I mean. I'm talking about Nyu. Or Lucy. You know something about her. Something you're not telling me."

The look on his face said it all. And he didn't deny it. "Yes, it's true. I do know something. I met her before. Back before… my father and sister died. This was back before she became Nyu."

Yuka nodded. So Kohta had known Nyu, no, Lucy before. She figured as much. "Tell me everything, Kohta. I'm involved with this too. I have a right to know."

That was true, Kohta admitted. Yuka was now involved with this and had a right to know. "Alright, I'll tell you what happened."

He recounted the events of when he and Lucy had met as kids. Telling her everything from when he first met her in the woods to when they departed before the festival. He left out the part about Lucy begging him to kill her if she couldn't stop killing, as well as what happened on the train. That Yuka did not need to know.

"You took your clothes off around each other!" Yuka shouted when he got to that particular part of his story.

Kohta waved his arms defensively. "We were just kids! There was nothing sexual about it!"

Yuka's face was read. "But still… you two… and no clothes… and… it's not decent!"

"What's not decent?"

The two turned to find Mayu standing there, having heard their conversation in passing.

Kohta turned red. "I-It's nothing, Mayu. Just grownup talk."

Mayu blinked. "Ok, if you say so. I'm going to take Wanta out for a walk."

"NYU!"

Nyu came running by, holding out her arms as she ran around happily.

Mayu turned to Nyu. "Hey, Nyu, do you want to go with me and Wanta?"

Nyu stopped. She looked at Mayu, then spotted Kohta behind her. She grinned happily and tackled him, latching onto his arm. "Nyu stay with Kohta." She announced cheerfully.

Mayu shrugged. "Ok, I'll be back soon. Oh, and Nyu."

"Nyu?"

"I'm glad you're back."