Chapter 26

I sit quietly in the hospital wing, all of us gathered to wait for Max to wake up.
He had two fractured ribs, his left arm was broken, his nose had to be fixed as it was fractured in four places and his right arm was dislocated.
He was close to death when we finally got him help.
"I'm sorry." I whisper to him.
Everyone was silent and grim, the search for the traitor in full swing as hours had passed.
"Don't be." I froze and slowly turned my head to look at a smiling Max.
"You're okay." I gasp out and carefully hug him, the rest of the group coming closer as I sit back down.
"I'm sorry Alli." He chokes out, his eyes glistening with guilt and tears.
"Why?"
"Because I couldn't stop them. They came as a group and got me from behind." He was crying and I clasped his good hand.
"You were doing your job, how can I be mad at you for that." This made him finally brake down and cry, Lia coming over to wipe his tears away, her face filled with love and fear.
They must have been dating in secret and I had been to busy to noticed.
"Get some rest Max, Lia stay with him." They both looked at me and I smiled, squeezing their hands.
"Both of you are on vacation till you are back to your best, so don't worry."
"Thank you." Lia whispers and bends down to kiss Max gently, keeping close to him.
I turn and walk out of the room, waiting for the others.
"Get everyone prepared for war." I say before heading down the hall and speed walking to the library.
Sky must have known where I was going because his long strides past mine and pulled the book to open the secret passage way, taking my hand and leading me to our hidden room where I collapsed into his arms and cried again.
"It'll be okay. We will find him." He says, kissing me gently.
What felt like a good day had disintegrated into this horrid nightmare.
Slowly my tears stoped and I was breathing normally once again.
"I understand if you want to leave." I say gently, hurt in my voice.
"Alli, as long as we stick together we will make it through this." He says, kissing me needily and laying me on the bed.
He knew I needed a destraction and I let our love and lust let everything fade into the distance.

♡~♥~♡~♥~♡~♥~♡

I stood by the glass door to the balcony, watching the lights of my city, a blanket wrapped around my sore naked body.
The snores behind me making me smile as I look at my sleeping boyfriend.
I turned back towards my kingdom.
Now was not the time to break down. I was needed.
Warm arms wrapped around me and Sky's scent filled my senses again, his head resting on my shoulder.
I guess my absent from the bed had woken him up.
"Can't sleep?" He asks and I sigh, leaning into him.
"No. Just so much to think about."
"Well how about we think about something else." He smirks, leading me to the bed, the night spent with us tangled in each others arms.