Chapter 5

I made my way through the halls, my strides confident as I kept moving to my destination.
A few times I had to stop when my memory failed to lead me down the right path. I was just thankful for the guards silent understanding as they waited for me.
In no time we made it to where I was heading, the guards ready to open the door but I stoped them.
"She is a child!" Boomed a male's voice.
"She is old enough to rule." It was Demitrias. Who ever he was arguing with was not happy.
"I have sat on the throne longer then most rulers. This is my throne." I realized who the voice was and I seethed in anger, throwing the doors open and walking in with angry steps.
"No, its MY throne and MY kingdom, and you are done screwing around with it." My eyes stared past the guards and to Lord Trilavantas.
His look was of horror, but it soon became a smug mask.
"Princess, we both know I own all the guards here. So you will sit quietly while I run the kingdom." His words were that of greed and I bristled.
"Mister Trilavantas, you must understand that you have fücked my life up royally, do mind the pun. So I will give you five seconds to GET. OFF. MY. THRONE" I emphasize the last words, spinning around and grabbin a gun from one of my guards and pointing it at the man on my throne.
"One"
"You don't want to do this Alli" Came Demitrias's voice.
"Two"
"N-now Princess, you don't have to do this." Lord Trilavantas voice wavered, his voice shaking as his smug face fell.
"Three"
"Alli thats my father."
"Four"
"I-I was joking okay."
"Five" I clicked the safety off and watched as the Duke jumped off the throne and fall on his knees, tears falling down his face.
I smiled and strut forward, taking my rightful place on the throne as I sat in the elegant gold chair.
"Arrest him for treason and threats against the crown. His title is to be stripped and I will choose who gets it. For now the Trilavantas can live on the estate until I decide the next Duke." I heard the intake of breath from Demitrias,  turning to look at him
"And our engagement is off. It would be bad if I married a traitor's son." I watched as the man I had know as a child stared at me with hurt.
It was his and his father's fault for making me this way, he can deal with the after math.
"But Alli, I love you."
"If you love me like you claim I would have been raised as a princess, not a slum child." I retort with, glaring.
"The Allisara you knew as a child is gone, you have your father and your self to blame. Now leave, you are no longer captain of my guard." I watched as the guards cuffed the traitor and led him and his son out of the room.
I sighed, turning to the guard who's gun I took.
"Mind if I keep it?" I asked, getting an amused chuckle.
"Not at all, you seem to know what you are doing." I laugh as well, smiling as I stood to hold my hand out, the guard took it in a tight grip and shook it.
"Skylard BlackHawk, Your Highness."
"Call me Alli." I smile.
"Then call me Sky, and just to let you know, I hated Mister Trilavantas, he was a tool." I giggled and took the time to examin Sky. He had deep emerald eyes, a chisled jaw and an easy going smile. His dark blonde hair fell to his shoulders while half of it was tied back and out of his eyes. He was tall and lean, his shoulders broad and judging by it all, he was muscular.
"Done staring at me?" He asked chuckling and I blushed a bright pink.
"Sorry, I was just deciding on if you would make a good captain. I need some one I can trust." This seemed to have made him go quiet.
"I-I-I...um, what do I say?" This time I laugh and had to wipe tears from my eyes.
"How about thank you." No sooner were the words out of my mouth I felt myself being lifted into the air in a bear hug.
"Thank you." He says, causing me to laugh even harder, feeling myself hug him back. This is what I needed.
A friend.
Something normal.
Soon we were both laughing and I felt myself being lowered.
I smiled as we both slowly calmed down and stoped laughing, just taking the time to relax and stare art each other.
"So, as my new Captain, we need to approve of my guards, start with those loyal to the crown, to me and you, then weed out those who were loyal to Trilavantas." Before I could fix my Kingdom, I have to fix my palace, amd get those missong memories back.
"Thats something I can help with. There are a lot of good men who hated Trilavantas as much as I do, they will bow down and follow you." I smiled at Sky's words. If I can make sure that people are loyal to me, then I can help the Kingdom.
"Good, we start tomorrow. Tonight I need to do some...thing." my voice cracks as I reach for my necklace, my thumb rubbing against the crest.
"They are in the royal cemetery,  the one thing he did right as regent was give them a proper funeral."
"How do you know this?"
"Because my father was the gardener here. I helped him plant the roses that grow behind their graves when I was little."
I remembered the gardener. He was a kind and gentle man and always helped me when I wanted flowers for tea parties.
"Thank you." I whisper, and start walking, realizing that Sky was right behind me.
Go figure.
As the rightful Queen I will never have a momemt alone anymore.
I took the quickest rout to the garden, taking a deep breath of the fresh air.
I walk along the path, taking a look at the garden and realizing its not at its best.
"What happened to your father?" I ask, turning to Sky.
"He was fired three months ago, you can guess from who."
"Call him, tell him I want him back. He will be the head gardener and can choose his team." This left Sky speachless and I sighed.
"Not to sound rude but now would be a good time." He nodded and fumbled in his pockets till he found his cellphone. I could faintly hear his words as he talked to his father, the biggest smile on his face.
"He will be here tomorrow with his team." I nodd and turn back around, heading towards the cemetery once again.
I pass graves upon graves of family members till I reach the one area I knew were my parents rested, the lingering scent of dead roses leading me there. The tears I had thought were done started flowing again as I crumpled to the floor.
Thirteen of my years without them, wondering why I had no parents and here they were, lying six feet under the earth.
I cried and cried until my body was weak and I couldn't cry anymore.
I felt strong arms wrap around me and pick me up and I clung to him.
"Guess its your turn to grieve." Was Sky's words as he carried me out of the cemetery and to a bench near the pond.
I shuddered as my cries turned to sobs in the cold winter air, crying hard until they slowly stoped.
Thats twice I have broken down today, my emotions were out of wack.
"Feel better?"
"No." He laughs at my answer, tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear.
"It gets easier Alli, so don't worry."
I nodd at his words and take a momemt to breath in the floral scented air that still hung in the winter, taking in the earthy scent of Sky's cologne. I smile.
"I just need this day for myself." I whisper and I feel him nodd.
I sigh and slowly pull away from him, sitting beside him and staring at the frozen pond.
"I have a lot to do to put this Kingdom in order, but one thing I am happy for his having you as a friend."
For a while we just talked, mostly about what we have been doing for the past thirteen years.
In time we both decided to go to bed early and meet in the morning in my study.
I sighed when my head hit the pillow and I instantly fell asleep.