Chapter 17

The afternoon turned to night time and Lia left the tree house to scout the area.
We waited patiently for her return and when her signal sounded, we all breathed a sigh of relief and I rush to get out, ignoring Sky's disapproving look.
Slowly I make my way down the tree and land softly on the ground, keeping to the shadows.
Once everyone was down on the ground, we make our way across the street and onto the front porch where I swiftly knock on the door.
"Yes?" Liz answered annoyed with a look of worry, only to see me and my friends.
"Alli are you alright? Did you get hurt? Are you hungry?" The elderly women fusses, pulling me into a hug.
"Yes, only a scratch, and we all are." I couldn't help but take a shaky breath as I held back tears and answer her question.
"Liz we really need to get Alli inside." Sky says urgently, his eyes scanning the dark.
She nodds and takes me inside, mentioning for Sky to close the doors when they were all inside.
"Ron, put the kettle on and come to the living room" Liz yells as we pass by the kitchen.
I go to sit in my usual chair but Sky beats me there and pulls me into his lap, it helped me calm down.
I felt his hands move up my arm and remove my tiara, putting it on the table and looking at my bullet graze.
"Do we have company hun?" Ron asks as he walks into the room, noticing me and my friends.
"Thank the lord you're alright." He rushes with relief, coming over to look at me, the click of his cane loud and clear.
"We were watching the parade when it all went down, are you alright?" I sigh and lean into Sky, smiling slight.
"We are all fine." I answer.
The two nodd and sit on the love seat, giving me time to introduce Lia and Mia.
"Who wants tea?" Every one raised their hands like we were in grade school, making Liz laugh as she gets up.
With in minutes everyone had a cup of tea and plates of cheese, crakers, cookies, meats and berries were on the table for us to snack on.
A phone buzzed and Sky produced the untraceable cell phone.
"Yes...yeah we are fine...don't worry Alice we will be back tomorrow." With that he hung up and I yawned.
"Now that you all are settled, how about telling us what happened." Ron says nonchalantly as he takes a bite of kabasa.
Everyone was quiet for a bit, their eyes turned to look at me, Sky's arms tightening around my waist.
I took a deep breath and started from the begining, telling them about the gun shots, how I knew the area and led the group through the back allyways, the men we killed that used to be guards and how they were loyal to the traitor, their threat and then making it to the tree house where we waited until night time to come here.
Every one was quiet as we ate and sipped out tea until Liz spoke up.
"Well, you all are going to stay here tonight and get some rest, Alli you can take the room we always have for you, Sky-"
"I am staying with Alli" he cuts in, pulling me closer.
"Okay then, Mia and Lia there is a -"
"We will stay down here in case some one has tracked us down." They say as one, causing Liz to sigh.
"Such stubborn children." She grumbles and I giggle at her.
Everyone finishes the food before getting up to go to their respective room, the twins getting comfy in the living room with their blankets and pillows that Liz and I got from the guest room.
The room Sky and I were in had a bed big enough for the both of us, a bath room and a few clothes I left there.
Ron had given Sky some clothes to wear for bed and I went to the bathroom to freshen up, coming out in my usual tank top and shorts, noticing that Sky was already in bed.
I smile and walk into the other side, slipping under the covers and into his arms.
I felt safe and comfortable with him by my side.
I didn't realize how tired I was, but by the time my head was on his chest, I was asleep.