Chapter 19

"She needs her sleep." There were voices in the room talking in low tones. I was warm and comfortable, my head burried under the blanket and away from the light
"I know Sky, but the nation needs to know she is alive still.
I groaned, the voices waking me up as I turn in the bed.
"Quiet, you're waking her up." I recognize the voice belonging to Sky and I sighed, slowly pulling the blanket down and blinking in the bright light.
"Good morning Alli." Sky says as he sits on the bed.
"How do you feel?"
"Like I've been through hell and back." My voice was raw from the crying and the events from yesterday taking it toll on me.
"Well technically you have." Alice says laughing slightly. I just glare at her and watch as she puts her hands up in surender.
"To soon?"
"Yes" I sigh out, slowly sitting up and leaning my head against Sky's shoulder.
"If you're up for it, you should do a broad cast, let your people know that you're okay and tell them about who are responsible. Warn them that there may be a rebellion in the next few months." I sigh again at Alice's words. She was right and I needed to get things in order.
"Can we have it ready by three in the afternoon?" I ask.
"Alli, it three thirty, that time frame already passed." Sky informs me, my mouth and eyes opening wide.
"You mean I slept the whole day away!" I exclaimed, my voice rising a few octaves with each word.
"Yes, so how about by six thirty? Gives you time to eat, shower, dress and prepare what you are going to say." Sky says calmly. I nodd my head and let him help me up and lead me to the sitting room where the smell of food was strong.
I hesitated, stoping just outside the bedroom door.
"Don't worry, I made everything." Sky reassures, nudging me.towards the sitting room.
I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding as I slowly made my way towards the couch, Sky once again pulling me into his lap as Alice passed me a plate full of sausages, hashbrowns, baccon and scrambled eggs.
I took one bite then started to devour the food, having a second plate when it was done.
Sky kept his arms wrapped around my waist loosely, his lips pressed to my shoulder and my mind races to that kiss last night.
It was so different from when Demitrias had kissed me, holding a promise and something else.
My heart fluttered and I took a deep breath, wondering if he would kiss me again like that.
"You okay?" Alice's voice brakes through my thoughts and I nodded, putting my plate down and grabbing my glass of orange juice, taking a long drink.
"I just want to get this done and over with." I say quietly, feeling Sky's arms tighten slightly.
"We will get through this as a team." He whispers, moving his head and kissing my forehead gently.
"I know." I smile, and turn to look at him while catching a look from Alice that had my face turn a bright red.
"I need to get ready."
"I know Alli." He sighs and stands up quickly with me in his arms bridal style.
"We already checked your room while you slept and Liz picked out the outfit for you to wear for the broadcasting." He tells me, setting me down in my bath room.
"If you need anything, I am here so just shout for me." I realized it was just me and him in the room and how reluctant he was to leave. I smile and step forward, our eyes on each other as I stood on tiptoes and pressed my lips gently to his.
His arms wrapped around my waist again and a soft moan escaped my lips as he kissed me back, pressing me between the wall and his toned body and tipping my head back to deepen the kiss, our lips moving in sync with each other.
The kiss felt like it lasted longer then the first, and his stubble grazed my cheek.
His arms only moving so that one held me to him and the other was cradling my head with his hands in my hair.
My hands were playing with his long locks, slipping the band he normally has to secure the top half away from his face off and musing it.
To me it ended to soon and we were left panting again, me leaning against the wall with his forehead pressed to mine.
"Relax and have a shower, I will be waiting just outside."
"Okay Sky." He kisses me quickly once again before leaving me to have my relaxing shower and to my thoughts.
But I wished he had stayed there and joined me.