Chapter 21

I stood at the podium, taking a deep breath and let Liz put my tiara on.
The tv crew was already set and everyone was in place. Just a final lighting check and I would be live.
"You okay?" Sky asks for the hundredth time since we had entered the room.
I nodded and took his hand, squeezing it gently.
"You'll be fine. I know it." He reassures me, kissing my forehead and taking his spot by the door.
"Okay everyone, quiet in the room." The guy I started calling director says as he walks around the room and double checking everything one last time.
"Now we are live in five, four, three..."at two he started doing hand signals and the camera turned on.
On the screen infront of me I could see the report signal and the royal crest, then my face was on screen and I smiled.
"Good evening the people of Zalaris. I am Allisara Crestal Zalaina DeLarosen, your Princess and soon to be Queen." I start and take a deep breath.
"Yesterday during the parade I was attacked, but I stayed strong and am safe, like this country will be.
The culprits were a part of a rebel group lead by the x-reagent from thirteen years ago here to finish their job and try to kill me again." After those words I held out a remote and pressed play, the screen split to show me standing where I was as well as the time I got the confession from Juden all those months ago.
The video played as he explained the attack on the castle and how he tried to kill me like my parents.
When it was done, the screan went back to me and I took a deep breath.
"Juden Trilavantas was like a father to me. But he betrayed my family. If it weren't for a certain person who hid me all these years from this traitor, I would have never grown up to be the person I am who experienced the same pain you all have. For the past thirteen years I had no memory of who I am or the role I am supposed to fill in this kingdom, but starting tomorrow I will be the Queen you all can trust and believe in." I paused and gave a shaky smile.
"Tomorrow I will have a ball so that I may learn the dukes and nobles who help over see you all and see if they are fit. I have already changed the laws and taxes that was made while I was gone. While the ball is happening I will have fairs set up all across the nation for all of you to enjoy. This will be a celebration of a new begining."
I took a moment to relax and collect my thoughts before my face fell into a seriouse look.
"Although we will have fun times a head, in three days time Juden Trivilantas will be executed for treason against the crown. My crew has already learned that his family had no inclination about what he has done and will be spared other then having the lands closest to the capital, where I stand now, taken away." I started feeling like I was rambling so I took a final deep breath before looking directly at the camera one last time.
"As much as this may scare you all, please be prepaired in case of a rebellion as well as a civil war. I will try to prevent it as much as possible but I have a dreadful feeling that my prevention may not work and that we will suffer as a nation in the next few months.
That is all I have to say." With that the report signal came one and the crest lasted for a few seconds.
"We're clear!" The director's voice rings clear through the room and I sigh, feeling Sky's arms wrap around me.
"You did great." He whispers and I smile, my nerves finally settled.
"Thank you." I say quietly. I smile and hand my tiara to Liz before taking Sky's hand and running down the hall.
"Where are you taking me?" He laughs out and I smile secretively.
"You'll see." I say as we enter the library, me rushing to pull the bottom book and the secret passage coming into view.
"Okay, why are you taking me here now?" He asked chuckling again.
I smiled and led him to the dar tower room, positioning him at the door way before turning on the light.
"Wow!" His voice was in awe as he took in the room made to look like a gypsy tent with rich faberics hanging from the center of the ceiling, the bed replaced with a giant pillow and smaller ones on it while it was pressed against the wall wth other cusions and pillows lined the wall on either side of it.
Lantern shaped lights hanging from silver chains on the celing at different hights and a soft rug in the center of the room with a table and cusions to sit on ontop of it.
A small fridge and freezer were hidden under some fabrics to make it blend in and the balcony door was framed with more fabrics.
"Wow." He says again as he walks all over the room. I was happy that my hide away could be shared with him and seeing his awe expression made my heart flutter.
"So all those hours when you finished all of your royal obligations was spent doing this by yourself?"
"Yeps." I say giggling, skipping towards the balcony and opening the doors.
"But this is my favourite part."
The railing hung decorative beads and two chairs with the same colour scheme as inside were around a small table of to the right side.
On the left a small sectional with the same material as the chairs was placed in the corner with twinkling lights hanging above it all.
"I figured we needed a quiet place that was safe and away from everyone." I say sitting down on the sectional, watching Sky run his hands over the railing and come sit with me, watching the stars together in silence.
Liz was taking care of the fairs that would happen as well as the ball, for now I just needed to rest and be with Sky.
I was glad to have packed the fridge with food and drinks so we ate on the balcony and just talked about anything that didn't involve what happened yesterday and today.