Twenty-Five: New Day

**CHAPTER SONG: Bea Miller - Fire N Gold**

"Good morning Princess." I entered the kitchen and saw Bones sat at the island with a bowl of cereal.

"Morning." I murmured, not looking at him as I approached the fridge and took a look inside to see if there was anything remotely like what I'd been practically force fed for the past two months. I grabbed some kale, almond milk, carrots and berries before putting them all on the island and pulling the blender out from one of the cupboards beneath.

"That's quite a power breakfast you're making there." Bones gave me a smirk and I raised an eyebrow at his laid-back attitude. I'd expected him to smother me and ask me questions about Kaspar or my time in solitude but he didn't. He was treating me just like before I'd been taken.

"When you're training your body everyday you've gotta give it good fuel as well otherwise you get nowhere." I said, chucking some of each of the ingredients into the blender before pulsing it all together to make the perfect smoothie for a pre-workout breakfast.

"You don't have to train everyday anymore if you don't want to." Bones offered as he finished his cereal and focussed solely on me. I frowned and took a big drink of my smoothie, now used to the slightly weird taste after being fed it everyday for so long.

"It's not a choice." I told him, tilting my head slightly as I looked at him and tried to figure out what angle he was going from with this conversation. Had Jay told him that I wasn't the same as when I left? Is that why he wasn't being too clingy or intrusive?

"Then what is it?" He replied and I frowned, finishing my smoothie and putting the cup into the sink.

"It's an instinct. If I don't train then I don't stay fit which means I get out of shape and can't protect myself anymore."

"Do you still need to protect yourself?"

"Of course I do, I refuse to be reliant on Jay like I used to be. I was pathetic. Dead weight. A nuisance."

"And what makes you think that Princess?"

"It's not an opinion Bones." I spat, getting sick of his questions. "It's fact."

I turned and marched out of the room before he could say anything else, heading upstairs to wake up Seb and start his training. I got to his door and pushed it open without knocking, seeing him curled up in his new king size bed.

"Wake up Seb." I told him without mercy, pulling open his curtains and letting the sunlight stream in.

"Already..?" He groaned, burying his head in the pillow.

"Stop dreaming about me and getting in the fucking shower." I said, going into the wardrobe and pulling out some suitable training clothes for him before turning to see him sitting up and looking at the clock.