Chapter 20

Chapter 20
◄◄◄

I quickly slammed my notebook closed and shoved it back into my purse. I felt terrified. I had drawn Rixton's eyes.

See, what did I tell you? Your in love.

Umm... Love? I'm only 16...

So? Love works in mysterious ways!

Brain, you've got some serious issues.

I know.

I risked a small glance over my shoulder at Rixton, and my heart fluttered when I saw him, sitting at the back of the classroom still, drawing something on his hand with a Sharpie.

I bit down on my bottom lip, my heart thudding, and turned my head away quickly. Just seeing him made my nerves fly all over the place.

Love.

Humph.

If I could, I'd be smirking right now.

I ignored my brain further and then leaned my head back, closing my eyes shut tight and trying not to scream. Was I really in... like-love with Rixton? I was only 16. Maybe I was going too fast....

Nonsense! Ever heard of love at first sight?

Umm... I don't really believe in 'love at first sight', so...

You will soon, trust me.

Okay...?

I dozed off while reading Percy Jackson, ignoring everything else, plunging into my own little world, before I leaned back and looked away.

I, for once, didn't have the urge to read.

Hmm... I wonder why...?

Quiet!

I was almost crying with relief when Mr. Geo released us.

I collected my things and almost bolted out the door, not bothering to glance back. Not in case Rixton was there, with his dark eyes, his pale skin, his brooding look--

Oh my gods, what is happening to me?!

L-o-v-e.

It was passing period, and if I was correct, then I had ten minutes of freedom to myself.

I scanned the areas around the lockers and finally found the girls' bathroom. I rushed inside and let the door slam shut behind me, letting my binder fall onto the sink.

I fished through my purse and pulled out my phone, unlocking it quickly and scrolling through my contacts, selecting Suzan's number. I hit it, and knew 99.9% of the time she would answer, even though it was like 6 in the morning there, and 9 here.

Suzan is always up. She has a go-to-bed-early get-up-early motto.

I waited impatiently, tapping my foot, and frowned after the phone rang several times.

That's odd, I thought, then called again.

Nobody answered.

I shrugged it off and stuffed my phone back into my purse, zipping it back up before I fixed my glasses, collected my things, and walked out of the bathroom again, trying to look calm and focused.

Then I hurried to my next period.
______________________________
Two whole periods passed without anyone talking me, and it was a whole 1 hour and 45 minutes of luxurious free time.

I leaned back against my locker, pulling out my phone and sending Suzan a quick text; Hey, you there?

I then fished out my earbuds and plugged them into my ears, tuning out the world and laughter around me, instead drowning myself in Christina Perri music.
______________________________
I currently had twenty more minutes of free period left, and still not a single person had made an attempt to speak to me.

I felt as if I needed to put myself out there and try to talk to someone, but my nerves prevented me.

Now, instead, I was hiding out in one of the bathroom stalls, waiting for free period to end and transition into lunch.

I know what your thinking; Why in the name of Hades are you in a bathroom stall? Isn't it gross? No, they're actually all quite clean. It's a little bit weird, but you know, I'm not going to complain.....

I took out a huge mound of toilet paper (sorry, not sorry), and spread it out onto the cleanest looking (not like it was dirty), and sat down, drawing my belongings closer to me and losing myself in my thoughts.

Right now, I would really appreciate some of Suzan's helpful advice, her cheerful attitude, her knowledge on the male species.......

I sounded a bit odd there.

Hmm.

I began reading Percy Jackson again, and decided that I'd just stay in my little stall throughout lunch.

I turned the page, quickly putting on Ignorance by Paramore and listening in silence.

I kept my fingers crossed that no one would walk in on me. That would be awkward...........

I tried not to think too much that I was literally hiding in a bathroom stall. Not a very sanitary place.....

But I've got to live life daringly, right? And it's not like I'm sitting on the toilet seat.

I was happily enjoying my reading, that is until I heard yelling coming from outside.

And for some reason, I could have solemnly sworn on the Maruader's Map that I heard Rixton's voice....

I cautiously removed my earbuds, pausing to listen, then finally stuffing them and my phone into my purse, and cramming my book in as well, for the first time quite carelessly, collecting my binder as well.

Because now I'm positive it's Rixton yelling.

I ran out of the stall, not bothering to clean up the huge pile of toilet paper, and burst open the door.

I gasped in horror at what I saw; Rixton, sprawled out across the ground, his dark bangs shrouding his gloomy black eyes that I so cherished, only there was a deep and dark purple bruise forming beneath his right eye, and a trail of blood trickled from his mouth, dripping onto his hands.

I felt rage build up inside of me as I looked at a kid who was tall, with a huge set of muscles (like honestly, what was up with that?) standing over Rixton.

I then dropped my binder and charged, storming straight towards the blonde boy who was pulling his hand back, ready to either slap or punch Rixton again, I don't know.

Then his fist collided with my face.

(A/N: I don't know why, but I was so sad while writing this chapter.

Guys.

Guys.

Guys.

GUYS.

THERE IS ONLY 3 MORE CHAPTERS LEFT.

HELP ME.

AHHHHHH!

I don't want it to end :'(

But, as ALWAYS, don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT, and FOLLOW ME.

Thank you guys, for being such amazing people).