Chapter 10

Chapter 10
◄◄◄

My eyes fluttered open as the irritable sound of my alarm clock filled my bedroom.

This was it.

My first day at LakeView High School.

I felt a small tremor of excitement ripple through me as I nearly rolled out of bed, hitting the floor with a thump.

I groaned slightly and stumbled to my feet just as another round of beeping emitted from my alarm. I slammed my hand down onto it, silencing the annoying thing abruptly.

"Much better," I muttered, massaging my temples.

I turned around and grabbed my glasses from off my bedside table, pushing them up onto my nose. Everything became clearer and more adjusted then.

I then dragged my feet slowly across the room, mumbling about how much I hated school. Well, Suzan and Tyler both made it better at my old school (Trenton Highschool) and helped me through the long, horrid days of high school. Through biology, geometry (ugh!), history, and all those other evil subjects. Including gym-- oops, P.E. Tyler always helped us through that due to his constant jokes about the name. Believe it or not, it was actually hilarious, rather than annoying.

I began to hum the tune to Harry Potter, tapping my foot on the ground and checking the time on my alarm clock. It read in big red numbers 5:30.

I collapsed back onto my bed and began muttering a jumble of curses, including (do NOT repeat these): "Merlin's saggy left butt cheek", "The pit of Tartarus!", "Leo Valdez's sock drawer!", and many more which I can not say.

I finally gave up in my irritable string of cursing and sat up. I still had about an hour-and-a-half, since my mom told me I had to be outside waiting for the bus by 7.

What to do...?

Read.

Yes, that sounds good.

So I picked up a random book which I had gotten from the library off my dresser and started reading.
______________________________
"Ariana! Ari, darling, are you up yet?" my mother's high pitched voice chided and barely ten seconds later the door to my room swung open and my mom stood there in her pajamas (baggy sweatpants and an old T-shirt, like mine), and looking ruffled but energetic.

"Yes!" I snapped at her, impatiently waving a hand. "Now go away! Percy, Thalia, and Grover are making dam jokes!"

My mom looked horrified and I sighed. "Not the curse word, Mom! It's an... inside Percy Jackson fan joke," I told her slowly, raising my eyebrows. Honestly, my mom could be fine with my dad cursing, but me? She'd flay me alive if she heard me curse even once. Jeez, Mom.

My mom looked doubtful but shrugged it off and smiled. "Well, alright. You should put that away and start getting ready. It's your first day of school!" My mom paused to let out a very, very shrill-sounding squeal.

How embarassing... um... I'm not related to her?

Agh, who's kidding? I did the same thing when Harry and Ginny first kissed...

Fangirl issues?

Mhm.

I glanced up at my mom and scowled. "Can't I just be homeschooled?" I asked hopefully. "No!" my mom exclaimed, then ordered firmly, "Get ready."

"Never! For Hogwarts, I shall not! School is poison! Mom, if you send me to school, Hogwarts will fall apart! Do you want that to happen?!" I yelled at her, flailing my arms around like a maniac.

"Um.... no?" my mom looked startled and a bit frightened. Man, I wish I was Maximum Ride and able to just fly out of here with some cool wings... (If you know who she is, we can be best friends!)

But I'm not.

Audible sigh of longing and disappointment...

Sigh.

So, my mom slowly backed away from me like I was some nuclear bomb and I just sat there, giggling silently as I reread the page of Percy Jackson: And the Titan's Curse over and over again.

I want a dam wand, so I can Avada Kedavra the law of going to school and just sleep all day.

Ah, dreams...

So I slammed my book onto my dresser, got up, groaned, and then frowned at my appearance in the mirror.

This would take a while....
______________________________
After I had taken a shower I hurried out of my bathroom, my second-favorite towel (which was sadly just a towel with a wolf on it), wrapped around my waist.

I quickly picked out a pair of white skinny jeans and a Ravenclaw T-shirt accompanied by my Erudite sweatshirt. House and faction pride, right?

I then dried my rat's nest blonde hair once more, just in case it was still damp, and grabbed my brush before yanking it through my hair, humming Ignorance by Paramore as I did so.

I then slipped on a fresh pair of Ravenclaw House socks (which were blue-and-black and had an eagle on it), and then put my glasses back on.

I then turned to my closet and pulled out my dark purple backpack which had black swirls along it, marked with Sharpie the symbol of Dauntless (it may not be my faction but Tris comes from there and I love her), a trident for Percy Jackson, the Deathly Hallows symbol for Harry Potter, and lastly the mockingjay symbol for The Hunger Games. (I started reading those a month ago, but stopped for a while after Rue's death... it was a bit much. I'll have to start it again.)

I then checked the time. 6:58. Well, I take a long time in the shower and to get ready, don't I...?

"Ari, darling, are you sure you don't want a piece of toast or anything?" my mom called up to me from downstairs. I don't eat in the morning... I'm just not a breakfast person. But, that still doesn't stop my mom from continously offering me toast or eggs.

"No, Mom!" I yelled back, stuffing the Percy Jackson book into my backpack and then my notebook and checking to see I had all my books supplied inside. (My mom had gone to the school in the summer to register me, and when she did she picked up my books, too).

I then swung my purse over my shoulder, slid my backpack on, and checked to assure I had my earbuds and phone.

It was going to be a long day....

(A/N: Here is Chapter 10! Sorry for not updating for about two days. School (like Ariana clearly stated) SUCKS. I hate it...

Anyway.. enough of me and more of The Boy Who Never Smiled! Anyone read The Hunger Games, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, or Divergent? Because if you don't read any of the series this book might be a bit awkward for you, since they'll be plenty of references to them...

Also, who else reads the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson?! I've read like two, but after like two months of reading I found out I read the third thinking it was the second and.... yeah so I was so confused at first... and so many spoilers... I haven't read it for a while now, but I still remember Max :')

Anywho...

Keep reading or kindly wait for updates, and don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT, and FOLLOW me! Also, add this to your Library if you like it! You'll be notified of any updates :)

Thanks!)