Chapter 9

Chapter 9
◄◄◄

I turned around slowly, wincing as I saw the boy I had just been talking about right behind me.

"Umm... why are you following me?" I asked slowly, raising my eyebrows in a questioning manor.

"Because this is my way home," the boy replied shortly.

"Oh," I answered stupidly, pushing my glasses up further on my nose. Gods, why was I so bland?

"So, why were you talking about me?" the boy asked, his dark eyes searching mine. Almost seeing through my soul.

It was weird.... and awkward.

I coughed and shuffled my feet. I couldn't just say, "my friend asked me if I saw any cute boys so I told her I saw you and described her in a stalker-like manner. No biggies." Pfft, as if.

"Er, my friend asked me if I met anyone in LakeView yet. I told her yes, she asked what you looked like, I told her, plain and simple," I said simply, shuffling my feet.

"Sure..." the boy said stiffly, and attempted to walk past me, but I acted out of spite and grabbed his arm.

I flushed red and he stiffened.

Oh my Merlin, he's going to kill me... I'm going to die... I don't want to die, though! I thought desperately.

The boy slowly turned, looking down at me, his dark eyebrows drawn into a tight crease, his pale lips pursed, his face cold and made of stone.

"Yes?" he asked through a clenched jaw, looking at my small hand on his arm in almost... disgust. But did I see... confusion there? Well, I'd be confused if a random girl grabbed onto your arm after creepily describing your exact appearance to her best friend...

Oh gods I'm a stalker.

I shook the thoughts from my mind and instead looked up at the boy and said, "I'm Ariana Allo. Who are you?"

The boy's eyes said it all: what in the name of Hades?

"Well?" I prodded.

"Why should I tell you?" the boy asked in a stiff voice.

"Because I asked," I fired back confidently. I'd find out his name, mark my words.

"I'm not telling you," the boy said in a taut voice before shaking off my hand and beginning to walk away.

I hurried after him, mostly because we were heading in the same direction and I wanted to talk to him more.

"I told you my name. It'd be rude to not tell me yours," I pointed out.

"So?" the boy asked flatly.

"So, just tell me your bloody name!" I exclaimed, finally glaring at the boy in frustration. Gods, he was stubborn!

The boy sighed, stopping abruptly and turning to me.

"Rixton," he said simply.

"Rixton?" I echoed. "That's your name?"

The boy rolled his eyes. "No. I said it for fun," he answered stiffly before he continued walking.

I attempted to follow, but he had already turned and was almost leaping up the steps to the porch of a white house.

I barely got a chance to acknowledge his departure before the door slammed shut with a bang.

I swallowed the lump in my throat.

Rixton, Rixton, Rixton.

It kept rolling through my mind.

I liked that name...
______________________________
When I got home, my dad was waiting for me, a scowl plastered on his face.

"Umm... hi?" I offered weakly.

"Hello," he replied in a tense voice before his tone rose and he yelled, "It's 4:27! You were three minutes from being late! I was worried sick!"

My eyes widened and I quickly raised my hands in surrender. "Sorry, sorry!" I apologized quickly. "I lost track of time reading," I explained, pulling out my two new books.

My dad sighed and ran a hand down his face. "Fine, fine. Just go wash up. It's time for dinner," he mumbled and I nodded, heading up the sleek wooden stairs.

Rixton. Rixton. Rix--

No!

I slapped the thoughts from my mind firmly.

No Rixton.

I entered my room and set my purse and new books down onto my dresser before I slid off my sweatshirt and hung it into my closet.

I then changed into some sweatpants and a thick gray sweatshirt before I walked into my bathroom and stuck my hands beneath the sink, turning on the warm water and dousing my hands with orange-smelling soap.

When I had scrubbed my hands thoroughly clean, I drew back and dried them off on the rag beside the foucet.

I then turned and walked out of my room, the smell of tacos luring me out.

Who couldn't be entranced by tacos?

I nearly skipped down the hall and leaped down the stairs two steps at a time.

Suddenly, the image of Rixton popped into my mind, causing me to nearly trip and fall flat onto my face.

What? No! I thought, my eyes widening with shock as I nearly stumbled.

No Rixton! I yelled at myself. Gods, why was I constantly thinking of him all the time? It was both perplexing and annoying, all at the same moment!

I walked into the living room, shoving all thoughts of Rixton from my mind and filling them with thoughts of tacos.

Delicious, steaming, cheesy, tacos.

My stomach grumbled and I grinned before walking into the kitchen, Rixton for one second at the back of my mind.

It didn't last long before he filled my thoughts again, though.

(A/N: Aww, so Ariana is a bit lovesick after Rixton :D Haha.

Stay tuned for the next chapter! :-)

Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW, and ADD THIS INTO YOUR LIBRARY. Thanks!

P.S., you know... yeah, basically if you see a YouTube video at the top, please listen to it. It's from either Ariana or Rixton's Playlist, which I have given two lists of. Thanks :)