15

We skipped down the street holding hands. Every so often we'd have to stop because of a crosswalk and we'd laugh out butts off at how stupid we looked. I mean just picture toe grown adults skipping down the street.
      We finally reached our destination which was a fancy smancy Italian restaurant.
   "Come on," he said pulling me inside.
   ---|-/----
       We walked out of the restaurant, Brendan holding a pizza box.
      "Do you wanna go back to the park or my house?" He said looking down at me. 
      "I'm, I don't really know," I answered honestly.
      "Well if we go back to the park there'll be people and there is a console at my home."
     "Oh which one?" I asked as we crossed the street.
      "Uh, PlayStation 3 Xbox 360 and Wii U,"
     "Do you have Super Smash Bros?"
    "Yeah actually,"he answered looking at me. "Wanna go there, eat pizza and kick my butt?"
     "Any day Brendan."
      "Let's go then." He pulled me a crossed another crosswalk and stopped in front of a really nice car. Brendan pulled out set of keys and unlocked the car. He set the pizza box on top of the car and helped me into the car. He shut the door, grabbed the pizza and hopped into the car next to me. He handed me the pizza and began driving.
       "Why did we walk?"
       "Hmm?" He asked not looking away from the road.
      "Why'd we walk if we could have driven?"
     "Oh because I wasn't expecting to go to the restaurant."
     "Oh....Okay so you just thought of something this romantic?"
     "No I worked up the courage."
     "That is probably the cutest thing I've heard a guy say."
     "I try." He had to stop at the filth stop light. "Hey I've told you about Sarah so tell me about your last relationship," he suggested.
    "Why would you want to know about him?"
     "Because I- never mind tell me about him when you want." He paused for a few seconds. "If you want..."
      "Okay..." I took a deep breath then began. "His name's David. When I first meant him I thought he was the human equivalent to a god. He's not by the way." I stopped to see Brendan's reaction.
     "How old were you when you two meant?" He asked taking his chance at the silence.
    "16,or 15 I don't remember exactly."
   "And he was your most recent boyfriend?"
    "Yeah,"
    "Wow you really must be a nerd."
   "Well I am but not on that way. It was about a month ago when I broke up with him," I said looking out the window.
     "Why'd you break up with him?"
     "Because that's what we do. He cheats, I break things off, then he comes crawling back with an excuse."
     "Why'd you let him do that Cat?"
     "I thought he was the only guy that ever liked me." I paused and looked straight ahead leaning on my hand.
"I thought he was the best I could do."
    "Why Cat? You are an amazing fluffy unicorn hat deserves the best. Which honestly might not even be me."  He pulled the car in front of a beautiful apartment building. He  turned off the car and just looked at me.
     "Really?" I asked looking at him.
   "Yeah, and I think, I mean if you want to put labels on what ever this is."
     "Um sure what labels?"
     "Well not Fuck Buddies so girlfriend/boyfriend thing."
      "Yeah I'd like that."
       "Good then come on." He took the pizza off my lap and got out. I followed.