Chapter Seventy-Eight

Start from the beginning

I smile sadly, "You don't have to repay me for anything. I'm just as happy as you are that we have kids, Peeta. I promise." I say truthfully.

Willow and this baby are honestly the best things to ever happen to us as s couple and the absolute best gifts we could give each other.

He smiles at me sadly, "I'm so proud of us, Katniss. We started a beautiful family and we have our own business, when have our own house and cars. We have everything we need and we did it together, without the help of anyone but each other." Peeta says softly.

I feel a sad smile creep up on my face too, "I hope my mom comes to Willow's party. She really wants her there and I want her to see we did perfectly fine without her. That we raised a smart, beautiful little girl all on our own and now we are having another baby soon. I just want her to see we did it." I explain.    

Peeta nods his head, "If she doesn't come, will you be upset?" He asks me.

I shrug my shoulders, "I don't know. It depends on a lot of things. I don't want to see her all that much but Willow really, really wants her to be there."

"I'm sorry. It's probably my fault that Willow wants to see her because before I don't think she even knew she was alive." He sighs.

I shake my head, "It's okay. I want her to see how far we've come without anyone's help and see we don't need her to be happy." I tell him truthfully.

I think my mother knows this good and well enough but I want her to see it for herself.

"Isn't that kind of harsh. It's been nearly five years since we saw her last, even talked to her."

"Okay but either way she's gonna see that we have a great life together." I say truthfully.

Peeta sighs, "Katniss-"

"Is it not great?" I ask him.

"It's amazing but I think you're right she's gonna see everything we've accomplished if she comes." He says.

"Okay then why are we having this conversation?" I ask him annoyed.

"I'm not sure." He says and gets up. He walks back into the bathroom for a few minutes and then comes back.

"Ready for bed?" Peeta asks me.

I sigh, "Yeah."

He nods his head and turns the lights out and then walks back over to get in bed. I just sit there as he lays down, getting comfortable.

"Aren't you gonna lay down?" He asks me.

I shrug my shoulders, not saying anything or turning to look at him.

"Katniss, did I make you mad?" He asks me, putting his hand gently on my shoulder.

I shake my head and lay down, I push my face into his chest and he slowly and protectively wraps his arms around me.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?" Peeta asks me concerned.

I sigh and bring my head up, "I just am scared that she won't come and Willow will be upset."

I'm scared for that, plus I haven't seen my mother in over five years and haven't been on good terms with her for over six or seven years. I want to see her even if I don't.

"Baby, I think Willow will be alright if your mother doesn't come. She knows that there's a huge possibility that she won't come." He says truthfully.

I sigh, "I know. I know that." I say with tears forming in my eyes again. I push my head into his embrace again, not wanting him to see me cry.

"Then why are you so upset? I thought you wanted to have nothing to do with your mother?"