Ace

Point of view:
     Arisa Cage

               Once again, we came back to Crystal city to find the target. According to the information Mr. Guren gave us, the blacksmith should be around the forest, it was where the distress signal located. So if he really called for help, he shouldn't have gone far so he could wait for his rescue to arrive. Let's just hope his still alive, I still need him after all.

               The forest was vast so we decided to split up. Casper was the one who suggested it since he said we didn't have enough time, so by dividing us we could be 3 times faster. I agreed to his decision but master was against it, Casper is just a mere human, he wouldn't stand a chance against a vampire alone, but he convinced master anyway. Now that we're separated, I decided to pay a little visit to my place and I suddenly remembered the little kid that also live inthe forest. I wonder if he knows anything.

                 So when I remembered him, I realized that kid is also in danger. Vampires are roaming around the foreat looking for the blacksmith, if that kid's found, he'll be their snacks! I quickly looked for the kid while also looking for the blacksmith.

“Ahh!!” a vampire suddenly shouted as he was doing a surprise attack from behind. How stupid, if you plan to do a sneak attack, you shouldn't shout. To bad for him, I saw it coming. So I turned around, grab my scarf from my neck and wrapped it around his neck and used a little strength to break his neck and killed him. I forgot to ask for master's sword so what I have right now is just my broken katana and my scarf.

“Darn it, it's so hard to do my job efficiently without my katana.” I told myself and continued my search.

                Not before long, the kid showed up. "Hi there miss." He greeted me as he came up to me. I simply looked at him. "What are you doing out here?" I asked him and he smiled to me.

"Nothing much." He answered.
"It's dangerous out here, go home." I told him and his smile faded away.
"But it's also dangerous at home... say, can I stick with you?" He beamingly asked me and I was surprised by what he just asked.
"I saw how you broke the neck of that vampire right there so you must be pretty strong! With you, I don't have to worry about vampires attacking me." He spoke as his eyes glittered with enthusiasm.
"You saw me kill a vampire bare handed and your not scared of me?" I asked him and he nodded.
"Well, you don't feel like someone who attacks normal people so I can trust you." He said and I only tilted my head.
"What makes you say that?" I asked him and he only answered, "it's in your aura."
"I don't get you, kid." I simply told him as sighed in surrender.
"You don't have to get me. So, can I?" He insisted and that this was the best option he has, I can't reject him. So I simply nodded and he happily got stuck to me.

"This reminds me, can you come over to my place?" He asked and I got curious.
"Why?" I asked.
"There's someone I want you to meet." He said and strated grabbing me by the wrist.
"Who?" I asked but he didn't reply.

               His just a kid so I could easily stop him from pulling me, but he said he wanted me to meet someone. I know I'm being unreasonable but I thought this won't take too long so I'll just do what he wants that way, he won't bother me about it later. Besides, my goal is to search around the forest, so by going to his house, I am still searching in places I haven't been to. It's two birds in one stone.

               When I got to his place, I saw an old man sitting by a bench. It was the very man we were looking for.

"Grandpa!" Ace called him and the old man smiled at him as he welcomed Ace home with an open arms.
"Ace my boy, where were you?" He asked the kid. It wasn't before long that he noticed my presence and looked at me cautiously.
"You are?" He asked.
"She's a strong lady, she'll protect you grandpa. She agreed to." The kid and I was surprised.

               We never agreed that I will protect anyone. Him sticking to me was only to ward off vampires. I never said I'll protect him. My role was just a scarecrow scaring vampires off, nothing grand like protecting him. But then again, it was our mission to protect the old man. I guess, coming coming across this kid was a goodluck on my part.

"Thanks Ace." I told the kid then faced his old man.

"I'm from the organization, and our team was sent here to give you our protection from vampires. So please come with-" I was going to ask him to come with me but he suddenly cut me off with a sharp no and they hurried back to their cabin. Ace was hesitant to do as his grandfather told him but he saw his grandfather pale white so he obeyed quietly. Hearing his reply, I was confused. He set off a distress signal calling for help and when we came to help him, we were pushed away. What was that distress signal for?

                I wanted to inform master, but before I do, I have to know what's really going on here or else master will snap with the confusing situation. This has happened before, a girl calling for help and when we arrived we were pushed away, man that did not end well, for the girl I mean. I don't want it to happen again, so before I call master over, I have to learn about the situation here.

                The day ended and we told each other we had no news or information. The next day, I visited them again and asked him why he didn't want to come with us but he only ignored me. The next day came again and still he wouldn't face me. I kept on visiting them for straight 4 days and still he wouldn't face me. So I decided to use a different approach.

              On the fifth day, I came over again. "I heard you were a blacksmith, and one of the best at that. Can you please fix my katana for me?" I asked him and this time, unlike my other attempts he peeked through the window. He actually showed up and not ignore me.

"Can't you have other blacksmiths fix that for you?" He asked me and I shook my head no.
"This katana is one of the toughest there is, I can't have random people touch this and make things worse. Only the best of the best is allowed to touch this." I said and he onky looked at me.
"Come inside." he simply said and I did as he told me to.

“So, what do you think? It's been like this for a week.” I told the blacksmith and he looked at every pieces as he remained quiet.