Alone

Point of View:
               Casper Wallace

               The next day, Arisa was called by all the amazing trainees like us, namely; Rein, Keith and Sein. Arisa was obviously bothered by it but it seems like they know how to handle her on that aspect, so I decided not to pry on them. Later that day, I would see Arisa walking around huffing and puffing and irritation obviously carved on her expression.

"Arisa, what's wrong? You look tired." I called out to her and she violently turned my way which caused me to flinch.
"Oh, it's just Casper." She said.
"Hey, what's that supposed to mean?" For some reason, I was kinda angry at that phrase.
"Nothing... It's just that three eggheads are sooo annoying!" She grumbled loudly.

               I approached her and decided to have a conversation with her. The weather was nice so we decided to rest under a shade of a tree and talk, like I intended.

"By three eggheads, are you referring to the Xerxes siblings?" I asked her out of curiosity and she plainly looked at me.
"Yeah, those idiots kept asking for details about what happened on our mission. When I told them nothing much happened, they kept annoying me to no end." This is the first time I've seen Arisa complain about something. This is quite a rare sight.
"What are you grinning like an idiot for?" She suddenly asked, I didn't realize I was smiling widely for just a simply situation such as this.
"Forget it, I'm leaving." She said and stood up.

"Wait!" I suddenly calledout and she simply glared at my direction and said, "what?"

"... nothing, nevermind." I refrained from calling her back.
"Hmph"

                The day continued like that, with Arisa avoiding them and me, practicing my sword skills. After that day, John and Arisa left for a mission. It's not a shock to me if he chose Arisa as his assistant in his mission, I practically almost did nothing in the mission we just completed. So while they were out I took a leisure time to walk around the garden of the organization. As I calmly stared at white lilies, a voice was heard in the distance.

"Hey, your Arisa's companion in her missions right?" A man asked.

              I looked at his direction and I saw one of the guys Arisa was avoiding so much, Rein.

"What do you want?" I asked him, calmly.
"Oh... It's just that... about your mission." He said, he was hesitant.

                He's really persistent isn't he? Since Arisa wouldn't tell him, he decided to talk to me instead. And the reason why he didn't come to me yesterday was because Arisa was here and he didn't want to give her a hint that he would talk to me so she can't hide from them or inform me beforehand.

"What about our mission?" I'll just avoid it like how she did... but what's there to hide though...

              Could it be because of what that vampire said? 'That girl is you, Arisa.' Could it have something to do with that? Well I'll admit, even I was surprised by that phrase, for Arisa to be raised by vampires, I just can't imagine it... anyway, I better not disclose it to others, she'll be placed in a difficult situation if I did... I'll just pretend I didn't hear anything.

"How come your... alive? It's vampires we're facing, they're 8 times stronger than average human so to defeat even one, a sacrifice can't be helped." He said and obviously, I was irritated by what he just said... could this be the reason why Arisa didn't speak to them the details? Now I get it.
"Does someone have to die to be able to kill a vampire? Can't it just be because we were able to make a perfect plan? So that's how you survived. You used your own senior and junior to be bait." I was irritated with him.
"No, that's not what I meant... I mean... what plan did you use to be able to survive? I don't want to see my allies dying, so I'm asking for help." He was begging me. Now I feel bad for saying such crude things to him.
"How about we talk about this, inside." Oh damn... I just dug my own grave, I can't just avoid now I'm the one who initiated the topic.

               But he's right though, how did I survive? Our plan was nothing that grand. Even a mere human could escape that so why? Could it be because our target wasn't at her best? 'She doesn't have a contractor and she hasn't drank any blood for a year now.' Was what her companion told us. So in this case, we were just pretty much lucky. Next time wouldn't be the same. I might really die on the next mission.