Half Vampires

Point of view:
Rein Xerxes

Luckily for me, when the vampire was still choosing which one of us to eat, it chose Elizabeth. I'm saved.

Arisa chased the vampire after the vampire started chasing Elizabeth. I wanna help them but I froze in place. It was my first time seeing a vampire hungry for blood.

As the three of them disappeared on sight, I only stood in place and waited for them to return. However, due to curiosity, I wanted to know how the vampire fights so I decided to follow them, instead. I walked towards the direction they ran.

When I followed them, I didn't see anything. No vampire, no Elizabeth and no Arisa, I didn't know which direction they ran, so I was very much sure that I was already lost, when suddenly, as I continued walking down the straight path I saw a blood splattered on the trees and ground, but i still don't see anybody. What happened? Whose blood is this from?

I walked around until I finally arrive to where Elizabeth was. Elizabeth was sitting while shivering. But I still don't see Arisa anywhere.

I went near Elizabeth and tried comforting her by stroking her head. I know I have no rights to do as comfort her when in fact, I myself is a coward and felt happy when the vampire decided to eat her. I'm a coward, I know.

As I continued stroking her head she got a little comfortable and fell asleep on my shoulder. I placed her head from my shoulder to my lap. Elizabeth was sound asleep.

After the vampire attack, I couldn't sleep anymore. What if a vampire would attack again and we were all asleep? What are we going to do?

The sun rose and she woke up. I was still awake so as soon as she woke up, I went to the forest to find something we can eat.

After seeing Elizabeth still breathing, I don't know if whether Arisa was able to kill the vampire that's why Elizabeth is alive or the vampire sucked Arisa dry and is already full so he just left Elizabeth alone. I don't know whose blood it was was, the vampire, Arisa's, or someone else's.

Since Elizabeth is already awake, thinking of the events last night, of course everyone would be shaken up, however, thinking about it won't do me any good, so I tried my best to calm shaking heart and stood up to fill my empty stomach. During my food hunt, I took banana, coconut, beries, and woods and brought them back to Elizabeth, so that we could both eat.

"Oh, thank goodness your still here.I was scared you might have left me. I wanted to follow you, but I still can't move my legs well." said Elizabeth, well, I can understand her. Even my feet is wobbly, because of last night and I was actually the one saved, but for her, she was the one chased, anyone would be scared if they were on her place.

I shook my head. "I only left to get those." I said, pointing at the things I picked up.

Elizabeth looked at the direction I was pointing and became quiet. Elizabeth started explaining afterwards.

"I see. Thank you. But, have you seen Arisa? Could she be alive? I hope she is." Elizabeth said.

'I hope Arisa's okay but in a situation like this, I doubt it.' I thought to myself when Arisa suddenly showed up from behind me.

"Miss Arisa, your alive!" gleamed Elizabeth. I faced Arisa and I was surprised to see someone alive after fighting a vampire.
"Yeah I'm alive. And Elizabeth, you said you want to form a team with me right? I think it's a good idea if we want to survive." Arisa continued when I suddenly stood in front of her.
"Wait, how do we know your still the same Arisa and you weren't bitten by the vampire last night?" I asked her being cautions. She looked at me and smirked.
"I killed the vampire from last night." she told me plainly, "and besides, even if I was bitten, I'm still the same person I can still think clearly. Vampires are not zombies you know."
"So which one is it? Were you bitten or not?" Elizabeth asked.
"Sigh~ don't worry, I wasn't. You can check me if you want."
"No need, I trust you, Arisa."
"Well, if that's what Elizabeth wants then alright." I agreed but still feels doubtful of Arisa. I looked away from Arisa and suddenly I took notice of what Arisa said earlier.

I was shocked from what I heard. Arisa killed the vampire from last night? How? A human single-handedly killed a vampire. That's impossible!

"H-how? How did you kill the vampire?" I asked her. Then she glared at me.
"I killed it with my katana. Got a problem with that?" she answered and I just shut my mouth.
"None of course." Elizabeth assured Arisa that she trusts her completely. Well, if what Arisa sad was true, then, Arisa is our only remaining protection.

' I'm just being paranoid.' I kept repeating to myself. I can't allow myself to doubt these people.

Arisa looked both of us over. "Before we do anything, I'll tell you some information. First, vampires drink blood, you already know that. They drink blood for food and to make contract." Arisa said.

"Contract? What's the contract for?" I asked. I'm surprised there's someone else who knows about this. Does everybody know this?

"Its to make them stronger. The closer their contractor are the stronger they become. You 2 already know that the vampires are 5 times stronger than humans but when they make a contract with a human they are 8 times stronger than humans no matter how far their contractors are but if their contractors are close, so far, the strongest I know is 10 times stronger than humans..." Arisa said looking very serious.

She even knows the strength difference! This is serious problem.

'We need to be wary of her.'

Wait! Why did I think that? Sheesh, I'm just being paranoid. She's still the same Arisa we know.

"And of course, no matter how strong they are, they always have weakness. If their contractors die, they also die. And when a vampire dies, they turn to dust. Vampires don't die by sunlight like the movies, it only blinds them. Which is why they wear shades. Its not easy to find them there are also vampires who doesn't wear shades, the half vampires half humans." Arisa explained further.

Half? I've never seen a half before. Is there really a half vampire? That's just impossible. Nothing is written about that in history.

"Half vampires, are monsters." She added.

Stronger? But their not pure! How can they become stronger?

"Contract." Elizabeth suddenly blurted out without realizing.

Arisa looked at Elizabeth and smiled then nodded. "You catch on quick. Yes, they are half after all so they are still partially humans. They can make a contract with themselves. And no matter what they do, their contractor can't separate from them because their conrtractors are themselves, so they'll always be strong." she added.

Vampires are much more complicated than I thought. In that case, how can humans defeat them?