1st Survival Test

Point of view:
Arisa Cage

It's the first day of the 2nd examination, and we are already having trouble with teamwork. Unluckily for this team, the leader is Aeron. A very irresponsible person. Sure, he may have the fastest time to finish the first examination but he rots in leadership job.

"Hey, Aeron! Do something for the team also would you?!" shouted Lark, the 8th person that finish the first examination.

Everyone else were already doing something like gathering firewood, catching fishes, picking fruits, and etc. while Aeron, our 'Leader' was laughing and enjoying his moment with his best friend Dan who was also doing nothing.

"What do you care loser? Being the 8th person to finish? Pfft! How lame." he said, insulting Lark and everyone else who finished 4th and below, even Dan was insulted because he finished in 24th. But the insult didn't work on me.

I left all of them to look for some fire woods, for myself so I can survive alone. I don't need teamwork to survive, all I need is myself.

I raomed around the forest. After minutes of walking, I found some fire woods so I picked them up. When I finished picking them up, I walked around the forest again to look for a place to rest. After minutes of walking, I found a nice big tree. I jumped up and got a hold at a high branch but was the lowest branch of the tree, with my left hand. I used my right hand to pull myself up with no efforts needed that much. I climbed myself way up so that I would be covered by branches and leaves when I fall asleep, that way I won't be seen.

When I finally fell asleep, I felt someone looking from below. I glanced at the person below and it was Elizabeth, the other girl who joined the organization. I just stared at her. And she seemed to notice me so she called for me.

"Um, miss Arisa, can I talk to you?" She asked.

"Speak up." I simply said without leaving the branch nor moving.

She seemed to understand that I don't like being around other people so she sat down beside the tree under its shadow and started speaking.

"Um, well, you see, uh..." she kept mumbling, not sure of what to say.

"Speak up. I hate mumbling, so make it clear." I said feeling irritated.

She looked at me surprised. "I didn't know you were so cold. Anyway, I wanted to form a team with you. Is it okay?" She asked.

"No. Leave me alone." I said, dropping the topic completely.

It was starting to get dark. I could sense a feeling of someone scared. I looked at her and she was shivering. They already announced that there are vampires all over the forest so I guess she is scared of them. How pathetic. If your scared of them that much, why did you even join this organization?

Sun came down and the moon rose up, I fell asleep after she did. Minutes later, I could her footsteps walking near us. I didn't know from whose it was but depending on the weight of the sound, it wasn't so heavy nor light so it must be from a human or... a vampire.

I looked down at Elizabeth and she was sound asleep, so I was sure it wasn't her. I sat up and held on the handle of my katana and looked at where the sound was from and saw Rein, the blonde-haired guy from the yesterday. He looked sleepy.

He looked around and saw Elizabeth, he saw how peaceful Elizabeth was when asleep so he slept next yet quite far from her. But even though he was already asleep, I could still hear sounds so I looked around and saw a vampire staring disgustingly at them. I blinked and the vampire disappeared from its position.

I looked around to look for the vampire but its nowhere to be seen. Then suddenly, I heard a heavy breathing sound next to my ear. I looked at it in the corner of my eye and saw his face next to mine and his eyes were creepily looking at mine.

As soon as I saw him, I jumped of the tree which caused the 2 to wake up. When the 2 woke up, they saw the vampire from my back and Elizabeth screamed but I covered her mouth quickly before the other vampires could hear her and come to attack us.

Elizabeth was tearing up but she tried her best not to make any noise. The 2 of them stood up and made a fighting stance. Elizabeth was shivering and Rein was so surprised that he couldn't move at all, or rather petrified. I just looked at them and I already know that its their first time fighting one.

I looked at the vampire again and saw the vampire singing while pointing at each one of is one by one.

"They all look delicious, I wonder who should I eat first. Her? Him? Or Her?" He sang while smiling disgustingly and drooling.

As terrible as their luck is, his finger was pointed at Elizabeth. I didn't know what to feel but Rein looked relieved, but Elizabeth on the other hand was very scared. She left us and started running away.

As she ran away, the vampire ran after her matching her speed, he was just toying with her. I got irritated by the vampire so I ran after him matching both their speed so Rein won't notice anything.

When we were finally away from Rein and the tree, the vampire stopped and let Elizabeth escape. I stopped on my tracks too and the vampire faced me.

"Your a half aren't you? How did you do that? How did you make a miracle like that happen? There has never been a half vampire half human before. Who are you?" The vampire asked excitingly.

When I heard the word half, I snapped. I didn't want to be told about being a half.

I didn't answer his question and I just took my katana out of its sheath and its blades shone against the moonlight. The katana glittered beautifully, ready to kill.

The vampire whistled and laughed. "Nice sword you've got. Why don't you give it to me?" He laughed.

He was laughing so hard that he had to close his eyes, so when he did... I jumped at him lightning speed and swung my katana up which made it shine even more beautifully and swung the katana down again.

The blood from his neck squirted everywhere and the blood splattered at me. His head rolled on the ground and his body dropped dead.

I returned my katana to its sheath then washed myself in a river close by.