Meeting Our Destiny and Emotions

A/n- It's been waaaay too long since my last post, And this chapter isn't as long as the last few...and I'm sorry, I suck ass, I know.

_^_^_^_^_

(LILY'S POV)

Oh-my-god. Oh-my-god.

I start to panic. "Carter. Does Adam have cancer?" My eyes start to water at just the thought.

Carter quickly comes to me, wrapping me in his arms. "No! Lily he's okay! Calm down all right? Adam's fine. He's not sick in any way," He says frantically, trying to calm me.

I pull away from him. "Then why are we here?"

"Adam's here... and it's just like I said. Complicated. He'll explain everything," He reassures me.

He takes my hand, making me feel a lot better.

We walk down a hallway and stop at a door. Carter knocks.

We wait a little before the door opens and Adam pops his head out. I look from me to Carter. He wasn't surprised to see us, so I'm guessing Adam knew we were coming.

"Adam," is all I can say because I'm so confused. I don't understand anything. "Do you have cancer?" I ask. I know Carter just told me he didn't, but I just want to hear it from Adam himself.

Adam's eyes sadden. "No," He says quietly.

Adam takes my hand. "I'll explain. Just...come meet someone."

He opens the door wider gesturing me to come inside the room. I eye him wearily then focus on the room including everything and everyone inside.

There's a window on the opposite side of the room. It's big with half of it covered by a dull tan curtain. Against the wall to the left of the door is multiple chairs. An old, fat television is hung from a platform attached to the wall in a corner of the room. The right side of the room has a hospital bed with a little girl in it. She is bald, skinny, and her big bright blue eyes stood out against her pale skin. Next to her was a nurse who looked at Adam and said, "I'll be back to check in again." The nurse smiled and walked out the door.

I take few steps inside, not really sure what to do with my confusion. I looked at Adam who went to stand next to the bed. I quickly looked between the little girl in the bed, then at Adam. They had the same beautiful bright blue eyes. I heard the door behind me close.

The girl looked behind me and smiled. "Hi Carter!" She says sweetly.

The girl looks back at me with a smile. Despite my extreme confusion, I give her a small smile.

She gives me a curious look. "Hi. Are you Adam's girlfriend?" She says.

I chuckle at her words, looking at Adam. He rolls his eyes but has a smile plastered on his face. "No, she's not my girlfriend! This is one my other friends. Her name is Lily," He said to the girl.

He looked at me when he spoke again. "Lily, this is my little sister, her name's Destiny."

Whoa. Since when has he had a little sister? She looked no younger than six and I've only been gone five years. I don't remember him having a little sister. I look at Adam trying hard not to give him big 'what the hell' eyes.

I smile down at Destiny. "It's nice to meet you. Uh, I need to talk to Adam. We'll be back, Okay?"

I wait for her to respond. When she smiles and nods I grab Adam by the wrist, dragging him out the room and closing the door behind us.

"You didn't have a sister when I left," I say wanting him to explain.

"Yeah, I know. She isn't really my sister," he states.