Melting Ice Cream

****

Slowly walking to the car, I looked around for Carter. This school isn't the smallest so I'm not sure how I'm going to find him. Before I can open the door to the car, I hear someone say "Hey, Lily!"

I turn to see a guy walking towards me who isn't Carter, but he looks familiar. When he gets closer I politely say "Hi."

This guy was cute. He had curly brown hair, and was wearing a blue button down shirt with a red bow tie. He had brown eyes behind his wide rimmed black glasses. I always wanted a pair like them even though my eyesight is fine. My mother always said they looked nerdy and stupid. I personally loved them.

Mr.glasses smiled and said "You probably don't remember me. I'm Daniel. We have Trig, physics, and Human Geography together. We also went to the same school before high school.

Ohhhh. Daniel! "Yeah. I remember you now. You glued Mrs.Nolan's butt to her chair!" I said while giggling at the memory. This guy was like my hero in fifth grade.

Daniel stuffed his hands in his jean pockets and chuckled. "Yeah. My pranking days are kinda over."

"That's to bad." That's when I noticed that Carter was standig a few feet away, his head down, staring at the ground.

"Hey Carter." I said to him. He lifted his head up slightly to nod, but kept his eyes on the ground.

"Hey." he murmured.

Daniel turned in Carter's direction saying a polite "Hey" but Carter didn't respond to his greeting. Daniel turned back to me, saying "Well, its good to have you back."

I give a small smile. "Thanks."

"See ya." He called as he turned and walked away.

"Later" I called.

I focused my attention on Carter. "Dude. Rude much."

"Sorry. Wasn't trying to be." He mumbled.

Oh, I see. I stepped up to him and grabbed his wrists, swaying his arms. "You are still painfully shy." I said softly. Carter is an awesome person but, people wouldn't know because of how shy he is.

"I wasn't being shy." He said finally looking into my eyes and sounding defensive.

I raised an eyebrow. "Ugh" he groaned frustratedly. "Ok. Maybe I was.

"It's cool. I'm here. We can make you UN-shy in no time." He smiled at me.

"So...we are having a talk." I said.

"Yeah, I guess so."

"Do you have a car or something?"

"No. Actually I walk." He said.

"Perfect. Get in loser we're going shopping." I said while gesturing to my Gran's car.

"Why are we go shopping?"

Sigh. "We're not actually going shopping. It's a line from Mean Girls."

In the corner of my eye I seen him grin while shaking his head and mouthing an 'Ooooookaaaay.'

_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_

The car ride was silent. I parked in the parking lot of Benny's Ice Cream, glad it was still there. Me and the guys always came in here. We practically lived here. When Carter sees where we are his smile only gets bigger.

"I haven't been here in a while." He says

We get out of the car and walk inside. It looks exactly the same. Nice to know some things haven't changed.