The Story

"Last summer, I was waiting for the call back from Sonic Boost management, regarding my internship. I badly wanted that, you know.... Dan, he used to be a support system for me. you guys were not there, so he was like a family to me. The one whom I could lay back on,you know..." Siya began. 
         " He got an assignment with Freddie Schummer, the travel writer from Spain.. So, He and two of my classmates had to go to Berlin for that. Dan was so excited about that! It was in July...yeah!  He was gone within a week or so. I got my call back letter that week itself. And I got busy with that.

Then,..... We used to Skype a lot, and talk stupid stuff as always. I think it was in the late August...that he called me one morning saying sorry. I had no clue what he was talking about. I thought he was drunk or something.I was angry with him ,at first. I then, realized that he went for a party the night before, he had mentioned that. I asked him to call me back when he was sober. "

    "He did call me. He was talking about Jennifer. She is a friend of mine...actually, she was just our classmate to be telling you the truth. Not a friend. As I  thought, They were drunk. He felt sorry because he made out with her. I was angry, as you could expect. But then, He told me that he was not drunk, only she was. She doesn't remember anything that they did. He was hurt because of that.  he was F***ing hurt because she did not feel anything for him... He realized that he had feelings for that girl...when they were together..I don't know...and I don' t care....anyway....He just told me all this... ..He just realized all this feelings of his ...out of nowhere....! and he wished I could forgive him and move on!

He felt like he cheated on me and was sorry. But he had no clue how to go ahead! I could not hear anything more. I hung up...That was something. You know, you always told me how attached I got to stuff. Yeah! I could not think clear, after that. That was a complete blow for me...We were like that perfect couple, everyone used to envy and dream....huh...or so I thought...." Siya sobbed.

Sam hugged her tightly. He did not know what else to do. 
"huh...yeah...he kept calling, I just didn't pick up....That was when I went to a party with Jason...I must say this, whatever I did, It has nothing to do with Jason. He was just trying to help, it was just that... he did not know how. So....I was there, met a few people.He just wanted me to hang out with new people, get to know them and all.... I hung around him a few time..that was when I tried marijuana for the first time. You would not want to know what all I have smoked...." Siya smiled looking down at her nails. 
"I tried all that because I thought, if I got high, I would be able to forget about that a**hole....But it was not helping....I felt like I was stuck somewhere...I could not go back or forth. Just stuck there. weeds were of no help.....it was nothing like these people used to blab about....I knew what I was doing Sam, It was not like I was getting addicted to it or something....I was completely in control. I was just trying  things to get rid of my frustration. But nothing was doing anything....Jason told me to stop, about hundred times. I even started getting pots from his friends, without telling him. That was when, Dan came back. I don't know....he just showed up. He said that he was sorry. He got to know about me and Jason going out a lot...thank those stupid media people. ...Dan said that he was being stupid and he could clearly see how I got affected because of him. Huh...F* ** that idiot...He came back because he thought i could not live without him! He was there showing me sympathy. " Siya was in tears now. She was completely shattered. 
"Can You imagine that? Someone whom you loved...makes you realize that they don't love you the same way...they are just guilty that they had to be a part of your struggle. Sam, He came back....not for me....not because he loved me...Just because he thought that I won't be able to survive. I was so angry." 

"Did you guys get back together then? " Sam asked after a few minutes.