The Awkward Dinner

"Siya........Listen....um...you free tonight?" Sarah asked with a mischievous smile.
"Ya...I guess..I am..Why?" Siya asks.

"Well, Pete and I are going out for a dinner tonight. And I want you to come with us.....Pls?" Sarah beams. 
"Dude...huh?...why?..." Siya was confused. 
"Just like that .....you are coming....that is it" Sarah stops and moves over to her bedroom. That was very abrupt.
"Cool...." Siya murmurs to herself.

Siya packed her dresses and some of the necessary items to go to her mum's place. She looked over for the copy of Othello. She  went over to cupboard to check what she could wear for the dinner."Check mine...please wear a dress at least for tonight" Sarah says as she locks into washroom.

 She goes over Sarah's cupboard. Sarah had nice collection of dresses. It was a never ending list for Siya. Finally, Siya took a black, wool blended crepe dress. It was gorgeous looking. She tried it on and was happy with what she saw in the mirror. She looked nice. Sarah walks out of the shower. "Wow! You are...welcome! It is great on you...umm..you should put on a bit of makeup..." Sarah suggests.

"No, its just a dinner. I am fine like this" Siya said.

"No....You are....putting..makeup" Sarah said wavering back and forth. " I will do it. wait a sec!" With that Sarah gets back into washroom with her dress. She was back in few minutes. She wore a Maroon lace dress with black tights. She started hair drying while Siya went over for shoes. "You take those black stilettos"
"No, thank you...they are too huge dude. What about my black ankle boots? Yea?" Siya asks.
"Yea.It had some heel..that would look great..." Sarah chuckles. 

Siya knew something was up with Sarah. She never did Siya's makeup. Siya never got ready for dinner,  when out  with friends. And Sarah was making those weird expressions.
"Is everything fine?" Siya asks blankly.
"Yup! Why? "Sarah asks as she does Siya's hair.
"I don't know...It seems like we are going for someone's party or something..not dinner. Don't you think it's too much " Siya points looking at her straightened hair and dark eyeliner. 

"No...not tonight. Trust me Siya....once! loosen up a bit! You look Gorgeous. The problem is you don't try to look great. you look good..but not...great. And...I hate it!...Please try to look great tonight, for me!!" Sarah said cheekily. Siya doesn't add anything further. 

***************************************************************************************

The road was a bit steeply near the restaurant.  Pete pulled the car into the Parking lot. They both walked over to the Door and Siya saw Sarah hugging  him and whispers something in his ears.

Siya's phone started ringing suddenly. It was her mom. "Hello" she said as she walked behind Pete and Sarah."Yeah Mum, I will be there at five-ish tomorrow. Nooo...OK..Ask Sam if he can Pick ...." Siya stops as she looks over to her right side as she took her seat. Seth Atkins  just walked in and grabbed a seat next to her.
"Aaa...yeah....It would be grr.."She looked at him once again giving a subtle smile. He flashes back with a grin. Sarah and Pete were also giving her looks now. " You better put that down" Sarah mouthed at her with a taunting tone. 

"Siya....You met Seth at my birthday ...I believe....Seth...This is Siya Paul. One of my best Friends. She is an intern at my company" Pete introduced. Sonic Booth was owned my Pete's Dad.So technically, it was his company. He never made it sound like that. He worked just as an assistant there for experience. Siya found that really impressive and down to earth.

"Oh...How have you been?" Seth asks coyly. 
"Good..Hmm...What about you?" Siya said nodding her head. She needed a minute to analyse what exactly was happening around.
So....This is a double date or something? Why is he staring at me now? Sarah is dead!

Pete gave the orders and Seth added few stuff for himself. Obviously, there was a bit of silence now.
"So...umm..what do you do?" Asked Seth gazing right into Siya. Sarah and Pete were so engrossed into themselves that they didn't care much about how awkward this was for Siya. She took a deep breath and told him that she was a Post grad. student and that she sometimes wrote songs as well.

"Oh...great.....Any luck...anything that got recorded?" he asked with a tinge of pity in his eyes.
"I wrote about ..five for Jason Skylark's new album" Siya said looking directly into his eyes. she knew that he thought she was just an amateur songwriter. Who probably thought he would give her chance or something maybe. She wanted to just put herself out pretty clear. But she came out too strong, she thought. Seth took a moment.
"Oh...Great! Jason....umm...great artist he is. ..What kind of music do you listen to?" Seth asked. "The food is here...Hmm..."  

"I listen to a lot of stuff....Brit pop, pop rock, sometimes classics, I like alternatives too. i don't know...I think I listen to a lot of stuff..." Siya said.Seth cuts her abruptly and asked" what is your favorite though?"
"Umm...I can't pin point on one. ..huh" Siya said with a wide smile. 
"Me too...Artists? " Seth added.

"Umm..contemporary? Adele...Definitely! oh and Ella Michigan...Even Michael Sheifner Is great!" Siya said searching for more to add.
"Basically...Soul..Pop..a bit of R&B...." Seth smiled. 
Shit....Don't smile....Don't you smile at me....thought Siya.

"Pete.....pass me the Salad. Umm..so, How long have you been here? I am guessing you are from Pakistan?" Seth said as he ate. 
"No...India. But....I have been here for one year now. I used to stay with my dad in New Delhi."
"Hmm...and
" Seth added.
"And..aaaaa...well...My mom is a surgeon and has been living hear for like seven years or something, I guess. 
"You guess....huh...Your parents....are..they divorced? "Seth questioned.
"No....actually.....my mom wanted to continue with her career and my Dad...well he is business man. She was with us for long..But then, I think she deserved to be free to do what she wanted." Siya said looking over to her wine glass.
"She abandoned your family! Jesus Christ" Seth exclaimed. Siya remained tight lipped for a minute.
"It's not the way you think...And you don't know my family or me. So please don't judge" Siya said bluntly. Seth stared back at her. 
"True that..... Dessert? " Seth looks away to Pete in an attempt to change topic. 

The rest of the night passed by. Seth and Siya talked and talked. But they knew their views and thinking were not same and kind of clashed each time they started conversation about anything.
Sarah noticed all this but did not interrupt them.

"Siya...I won't..I think I will go to Pete's place tonight..." Sarah said carefully.
"OK...drop me first then"Siya said as she walked out into main lobby with others. 

"Seth....Would you mind dropping Siya?" Pete asked. Pete was listening and was waiting for this it seemed.
"Sure!" Seth beamed with a smile.

Hey everyone! If you like the book...please do Vote and comment! 

How exactly are you guys feeling about this whole Dinner thing?
Who will be better with Siya? Jason Skylark or Seth Atkins?? Do comment!!!