How You Remind Me

"I am sorry....As I just explained, it was my bad. The situation went out of my control. And my fans know me better than myself.... that .......if I were in my senses ....I would not have done anything like this.I know that these excuses are nothing and won't get me back what I lost. Natalie,......I am really sorry. ..." Seth said to the camera trying to bring all the inner emotions alive. He was not able to sob to elevate the drama. He thought it would be too much. He had already tackled about a dozen of questions by now.

"Can we get Natalie on phone. I think She deserves to hear it" says Shania. Looking at Seth she passes an awkward smile. 

"Hello...Natalie....Yea..This is Shania from London reports. I know you might not want to talk about this issue. But you are not alone in this. We have Seth Atkins with us. He wants to speak to you. Please be patient in enough to do so. We will be back to you with some questions. " with this Shania gives a nod to Seth. 

Seth was to expecting this. He will have to speak to her live on TV. And He is now going to say sorry for a thing which he was not sorry about. He is literally going to beg her to stay with him, when what he actually wants is just the opposite. What a move!

"Hello,...." Seth says uncomfortably. "I know whatever I might say, It will not lessen the pain I have caused you. I know I can't take back those words back. And as I was just telling these ladies....I know these excuses are nothing and I accept the fact that I have lost you. But... I owe you an apology. And that is what i am doing."  

He was silent for few seconds.

  'It's not like you didn't know that
I said I love you and I swear I still do
And it must have been so bad
Cause living with me must have damn near killed you

 And this is how, you remind me
Of what I really am
This is how, you remind me
Of what I really am'

Seth ends by quoting a Nickleback song. It was a perfect bottom line. Natalie was crying now. Seth knew she will not loose an opportunity to make it look worse than it is.
 " I forgive you. You see...I am a nice person. And even if I want to... I can't keep grudge against you. I have loved you immensely. I am indeed ashamed of that. But... as I said.... I forgive you. " with this she hung up the phone. 

She is really good at creating scenes, thought Seth. Once again the eyes fell on Seth. He was back to square one. He was here to redeem himself. But it looked like he was digging his own grave. Once again, Natalie became the good girl ......forgiving the ruthless, angry and abusive boyfriend. Oh no! What now? 

"Well...Seth... would you like to add anything to this?" Shania asks him in an attempt to close the chapter.

"I think I have already lost the chance I had.......Don't make it worse for me...Please."with this he twitches to give an effect to his words. Seth puts his hand on back of his neck rubbing it and looks away from camera. He is not listening to anything the host is saying. He knows the time is out and he is done with the interview. He was just happy that he won't be bombarded with anymore questions. The case is closed. Or so he Believed.

***************************************************************************************************

"Hey ! You coming with me, right? " Sarah says putting her hands on the waist. Siya enters the apartment with grocery items. She places it at the kitchen counter.

 "To Pete's place? Ya...But ...Um...I could not get anything for him! I went to the  Jacks on Trinity. I couldn't find anything for him. Will you come with me.??....Maybe we can go to shop while we are leaving to his place. You know what he might want, so I think ....you.... help me with this Girl!" says Siya wandering around the room searching for her Blue Satin Dress. "Oh, here it is. Now tell me what you got!"