The Ride

"Umm....Siya...So...what do you do...other than songwriting" Seth said making sure that her seat belts were tight. 

"Writing I guess..not novels...just random stuff.....to fill up my journal" She said.

"Hmm..." 

"what do you do? " She asked.

"Uhmm....I ....I write songs too...sing them in my band...."He chuckled.

"I know what you do....I meant hobbies.." She said.

"Hahaa....OK....Umm...I like reading too.....Not classics though.......biographies, love stories,thrillers....ooh..comics! if that counts" Seth joked.

"I like your music....I am sorry for behaving rude on that day.....at party? Pete's home..." Siya described.

"Oh! That's fine....I have gone through worse. You were great in that way..." He smiled. He drives quite fast, she thought.

"Worse...." She repeated."What's the worst you have gone through?" She asked.

He looked at her for a second or so and looked in front. "Should I play music or something..yeah? Umm...worst...Some girl slapped me yesterday....saying that I disappointed her." Seth said quietly. 

"What? " Siya was shocked.
"Not a thing to worry though...my bouncers got her before she could hit me again.....It was my fault.....Anyway....That was the worst I suppose..." He said.

"Was that because of that...um...Issue with Natalie..." Siya asked making sure not to sound intruding.

"Yeah..." He admitted. 

Siya turned the volume further. It was just instrumental music. Seth did not talk further. He was confused. He wanted to know more about Siya but he needed to know what she thought about him. What if she though he was just some famous crap who used to play around people. Especially after that Natalie drama, who knows what these girls think? He really liked her, from the moment they bumped into each other. 

"Umm....I don't discuss much about my personnel life. ....I am not proud of some stuff I did recently." He said as he reached the apartment gate.

"I am glad you are not....If you realize the mistake I think, you don't have to keep the past with you anymore...You should just let it go.....I know people can be tough and annoying....Hope you will be fine" Siya said getting out of his black Range Rover.
"Siya...." Seth got out as well. He walked over to her. He was a bit nervous,She could see. He stood very close to her as he pushed his long hair back.. His green eyes were gorgeous and Siya could not stop staring back. 

"Would you...like to..umm...go out again?" Seth asked calmly. 

"um.." Siya didn't know what to do. She was standing in front of a guy she admired a lot and all.But she was not sure if she was ready to go out with someone.Especially someone like him. "Seth.....huh....I don't think...umm...I...I Am ....I have gone through some stuff lately and.......I don't think..I am yet over it...And.....Frankly speaking, I am not looking for anything right now.... It was hell of a surprise for me that you were there with us for dinner. I didn't know you were coming. Yeah!....And   .I don't know what you are looking for....umm"

"Hmm...." Seth nodded  as he listened to her intensively.
"and...I don't......We don't know each other as such....and You...Yourself are in middle of a lot of things I believe...." Siya mumbled.

"Hmm....As friends? Trust me...I can use a friend right now...." Seth asked after a brief silence.

"Huh???Sure....why not? " Siya said with a bit of confusion.
"Great...Can I get your number then?..We can go somewhere after new year..Yeah? " He asked. It was all so weird. Siya was confused but excited too. She would get to go out with Seth Atkins. That is a nice way to start the New Year! 

"Good night then!"Siya smiled as she walked to the elevator.

"Good Night" Seth smiled and walked towards his car. 

***********************************************************************************

"I don't see you...Oh yeah..Now I do!" Siya waved to Sam as he made his way to her. 
She was waiting at the train station for about fifteen minutes now. Sam, her brother, was tall and lean. He had jet black hair falling in front and hiding his forehead. He slide it back and got her bags as He smiled at her.

"So....when were you gonna tell me about Scotland?" Siya blurted out the moment she was in the car. 

"I thought Mum covered that for me..." Sam said coldly. 

"Why are behaving this way with me? What did I do to you? " Siya could not hide her anger. Sam had been rude to her for a while now.

"You didn't do anything....Why do you think it is all about you? " he chuckled.
Siya didn't go further with it. She was silent through out.

"Hello Baby! How are You? " Siya saw her mum walking towards her with arms open..the way she always did. Sunaina Paul was a well known Gynecologist in Peterborough.

"Hey....How have you been? " She hugged her tightly. She missed it. Being back with mom.

"Sam...get the stuff to her room......You are tired? Go get freshened. ..I have cleaned your room....OK?" Mom told her.

"OK...Thanks Mum" Siya added. 
Siya's smile vanished as she walked behind Sam. She has to let know Mum about what she had been going through. She has the right to know. And She needs to find out what is up with Sam. That is important.