More than just words!

"Could not go wilder than that...trust me!" a voice came from the drawing room. Siya was awake now. She could make out that it was Peter, Sarah's boyfriend. He, as always, was very loud and excited. Siya pulled herself out of the bed and went outside to see what was happening. Sarah was in the kitchen making lunch and Peter was telling her some story, God Knows which one now!. Peter had fun stories stored up for all moments. He was a great raconteur. Peter grabbed a juice from the fridge as he waved at Siya.

  "Ah you are awake! Got  good sleep. We are making chicken Tikka you would not want to miss that!"  Peter said aloud to Siya. Siya gave a smile and went to the washroom to get a shower. 

" Is she alright? She seems lost....... Don't tell me she is stuck with that Dan. God! it has been months. She needs to give it a rest. How long is she gonna cry over that guy!...Anyway..she is not so regular at office....I am worried now!...Is she fine?" asked Peter in a serious tone. He really admired Siya and loved her in all possible way a friend can. He had a brotherly attachment to her but he barely showed it. This whole Dan Drama was kind of pulling Siya out of the reality. She was getting detached and Sarah had no idea how to bring her back. Sarah gave a sorry look at Peter and said " I think she needs more time."

"Do you think it will be a good idea to set her up on a date?" asked Peter.

  " Yea Sure! And she will be happy and forget about all crap. How I wish that was a possibility! But Pete you know her. She is not like that. She is kind of.... old- fashioned. She takes things seriously. And letting things go was never that easy for Her." said Sarah as she took the Dish out into a Platter.Peter gave a nod as he slid his head towards Sarah's shoulder.
" ah! this smells good!...I meant the food" said Pete giving a smile.

"I think she will be fine. I just hope Dan won't show up again! Last time he did, she ended up in hospital... you now how she goes trailing back to him once he shows up. He was just leading her on for so long. I bet he was!" said quietly to him as she saw Siya walk by humming some song. 

" She seems to be in good mood!" Peter mouthed as he took the glasses from the shelf an placed in on the table. Sarah just hoped he was right. Within a while they were placed and Siya joined them for the lunch. She did not say much just the usual yeas and hmms..... she was definitively listening but not in a mood to talk. She was too tired to start a conversation about anything. 

" Hey! when are you joining back for internship? How long did you take leave?" asked Pete. He was working with the Sonic Boost Management Company as the Assistant coordinate Head. Siya had joined in the company as an intern under Kimberley Nicholson, the Creative Head of the company. She was the brain behind Lara Johnson's Hit album 'Kick', 'bulletproof' hit-maker Keri Schummen and The biggest boy band of the time The Sage! Siya had been trying hard for this internship and Finally when she got in, she was all done with it.She was irregular for sometime. Then, She was not going to work for two weeks straight now. 

" I don't Know? Kimberley is fine with it. She said i can join after the Christmas if i want! Christmas is two weeks away. God! I really need to get my shit back together?" She said slowly as she woke up with her plate and went over to the dishwasher.
"Kim is fine with it? It's so unlike her! She must really like you if she let you go for two weeks...plus two weeks and Christmas break! She is so worked up all the time. She hardly ever gives break to any of her staff." Peter said as he made his way towards the Fridge to grab the cake.

Siya was thinking of the possibility if Kim had given up on her. She must have counted her as a looser for letting go off this internship in this way. Kim had a rough mood most of the time and did not bother much to think about Siya's change in behavior when she went up to her for weekend leave. Kim asked her only one question.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flashback

" Are you sure you are fine? If there is anything you need to talk about I can be all ears, you Know" Kim said as she looked over from her laptop towards this black-haired, medium built, strong-headed girl who used to come towards her frequently only to make her ponder over a lot of things she missed out while going through presentations, routines and letters. But this time she was not looking at the same girl. She was kind of lost somewhere and merely had her head in the work. "No! There is no issue as such.I just need a break. Ma'am I have been working here as intern for five months now, i think i can ask for this much, right?"

"Yea! definitely. Oh my God. Don't make me look like that bad boss who is making your life hell!" Kim tried to joke around. " No! Umm....not at all Ma'am" said Siya politely to the Lady in front of her who was busy typing.

"Listen Dear! I can say that something is wrong. Just look at you! You are plain dull right now. did you look at that write up you sent me last week, it is Shit! Don't take it to your heart. It is just that i know how remarkable your work has been and how diligent you are. but You definitely need to bring back yourself. that old you! So ya....Take a break...Go somewhere....Go back India...relax a bit!!!.....If you want come back after Christmas! I won't mind!" Kim passed a sympathetic smile towards Siya.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Siya! are you fine???... Can I take that plate?...take this piece and eat. Got it?" Pete enunciated as he gave Siya a piece of chocolate cake. Siya punched him on his shoulder clumsily as she went off to the only sofa kept in the drawing room. there was no enough space for all three of them to sit so she always had to squeeze herself to one side. 

" Are we watching something?" Siya said aloud. Sarah came with two pieces of chocolate cake dipped in chocolate syrup. 

"you are gonna get so fat that Pete will have to make you work out on the treadmill two hours a day! Maybe he will just dump you!" said Siya coyly.
" Huh ! He cannot. even if he wants to. lol." Sarah said as she placed a big piece into her mouth.  

" You guys are so in love! How do you guys do that. Keep going so strong...I mean...You...yea trust....trust is your key to your man!" smiled Siya.

  "Siya....You are fine. ...Just look at yourself. why are you becoming one of those sorry- for yourself kind of girl? You were so strong headed, independent,....fun! why are you doing this. you have become this dull lost piece of shit who is just sleeping all the time....or crying. I am not here to scold you or advise you. I know you hate that. But I care for you. You are ...my best friend. And my nearest whom I can call family. You know that right? And it pains for me to see you like this. You are totally getting wasted." Sarah opens up to her as she wipes off the tears from those enormously beautiful Blue eyes. 

Siya, watching her said "Don't you worry about me. You Need To be Happy. Cause... i have just decided.....ahem....I am joining back office tomorrow and yup. I started working on my German literature essay thing.....you happy.... I have been doing a lot of shit lately... you just seems to have noticed nothing huh". 
A fair try to let go stuff.
she thought.

Pete was standing just behind them. He smiled and said "Welcome Back, I guess".

Hello! Please do vote and share!!