A Second Chance: Chapter 2

Authors Note:

Wow guys, I honestly can't believe how many comments the first chapter got - IN TWO DAYS OF UPLOADING!! All I can say is thank you so much, and I can't believe how many supporters I have! You guys all rock, and I am doing a shout out to each and every one of you!

Here's the second chapter of the book! Please vote, comment, and even fan! 

Also, I entered into a competition!! Please check out my other story & vote for it; It'd mean alot.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Chapter 2:

The next morning I woke up with a  big smile on my face. I knew that today was the first day towards changing my entire career completely. I decided to wear my blue striped blazer, with a silky white blouse underneath. I added a blue high wasted skirt with it and paired with my favourite white heel shoes. My heart fluttered with excitement when I imagined that I earned that promotion today.

I grabbed my purse, and headed outside my apartment to go to work. I stood anxiously outside the elevator as it was being counted down from floor 13. I was on the sixth floor, yes it wasn't that high up from the ground, but still I didn't feel like running down six floors just to go to work today - especially in heels.

As the elevator door approached my floor the door opened and a young blonde man stood there. 

He was gazing at his newspaper that he must of picked up this morning, and wore a professional suit which had golden hem lines all around it. His brief case was a oak wood with a gold rim. It stood perfectly right beside him. He looked like one of those business advertisements you would see of a high class job employee. 

As I entered the elevator, he didn't even bother to acknowledge my presence. I shook my head, he was definitely a snob.

I stood there in awkwardness, as I gave him the occasional glance just admiring his looks. I had never seen this man before, he could have just moved in recently but living in this apartment for almost eight years, I managed to get well acquainted with my neighbours.

 I wanted to turn to face him, and introduce myself to him. He looked as if he was in his mid thirties, and off to a very important business meeting. He was very good looking for a man close to my age, and I felt a rush of excitement just wanting to get to know him, and even a potential romance.

I gathered up my confidence, and struck out my hand while I turned to face him. "Hi I'm Paulin -" 

The elevator door swung open and we were on the main floor. He looked straight up from his newspaper and walked out, still not acknowledging the fact that I was in there with him.

Was I invisible completely to the attractive male species? 

I walked out of the elevator and continued my short walk to the car. As I glanced outside the clear glass windows on the main floor, I let out a loud sigh.

"You have got to be kidding me!" I shouted, as I stared outside into the horrible rain, as it pounded hardly against the glass.

I saw a thin woman walk outside for two seconds with her umbrella, as he umbrella flew down the street from the strong winds and she walked back inside drenched in water. I slapped my forehead and stomped my feet against the ground. I knew I looked really childish at the moment, but this day had to just keep getting worse.

I pulled out my cellphone and dialled Mr. Willox's number, I was going to confirm with the boss if today was canceled. The phone rang for a few seconds, and lead straight to voice mail. I grunted in anger and walked towards the flat screen at the end of the main floor.