Chapter XII Seduction

A/N: Trigger Warning for sexual assault and rape. Read at your own risk. You can skip the first part of the story if you want to. I'll mark the middle of the story for you to continue.

I sighed as I rested on a large rock that divided a calm stream. I had ditched the hunting band halfway because Lady Artemis had to leave to attend a mortal. I had enjoyed everything the huntresses do but somehow, I only wanted it if Lady Artemis was with us. Without her, our daily lives seemed boring.

Just the thought of her brought a flush to my cheeks. She was my comfort in the darkness, my inner voice encouraging me to greatness, my confidant, and of course my friend. I wished but did not pray, for her presence now.

Stretching my arms out and dazed off unconsciously under the sun. It was something that Artemis always scolded me about—my idleness. I knew I had to be on guard at all times, but today, I just felt like being playful similar to those wooden nymphs.

A crack of a twig snapped me awake. I jumped up to my feet causing a splash from the shallow water and pulled out my bow.

"Callisto?" her voice, though not sweet or gentle, hummed with life and femininity. I turned at my name. My heart stopped beating at the vision before me. Dressed in a sheer tunic, her thighs bare above the knee and her hair lying unbound across her shoulders, Lady Artemis revealed herself behind the tree with a welcoming smile. I sighed with relief and headed out of the stream to greet my Goddess. She was a sight to behold. I felt my skin heat.

"My lady, I had not expected you to return so—"

"Callisto, I have something to confess," Lady Artemis began urgently, her eyes clouded with a deep desire. "I love you."

My heart stopped beating for a second, my jaw dropped.  Then I quickly noticed that she looked eager for my reply.

"My Lady, I—I love you too," I stammered. Realizing that all my fantasies were manifesting to reality. Her actions did leave me wondering why she would confess her ardor at such a time.

Lady Artemis took a step forward until we were a few inches apart. I had never been so close to the Goddess before, except for the times when I was washing her back, or when we were rolling on the ground on sleeping together in her bedroll. But this was different. I began to feel a bit dizzy, that my knees started to shake, but Lady Artemis held my shoulders softly to steady me.

"Let me make love to you under the trees," she whispered almost in pain.

"But you vowed to remain a virgin!" I exclaimed. "I... I vowed."

The Goddess drew me deeper into her gaze. "I had, and you did. But now, I realized how much I love you. I must let you know how I feel."

I did not know why, but I wanted to break away from her gaze. Like there was something different and strange, but perhaps it was strange because it was not expressed before and the Goddess never did felt lust to anybody but now. I could not stare away.

Arcadian Huntress ⚢On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara