Chapter XV Constellations

On top of Mount Olympus inside the palace, Zeus sat on his throne, contemplating for his fault. He mourned for Callisto's death, as for all of his other victims. His wife has risen to anger again, his eldest daughter, Athena frowned  in disapproval as he explained his woes in great detail.  With all of the great wisdom his daughter possessed, she has the right to be disappointed in him.

Athena was Zeus's favorite child and she, in return, was a dutiful daughter. She was known to be a very strong-willed Goddess of her own right. She often acted on her own wisdom with great results and would always act as her father's advisor. The Goddess of wisdom always preferred diplomacy to conflict when settling the affairs of state or conflicts between humans or gods. She always preferred for her father to think with his head rather than the head below his waist.

"If Artemis will know the one who raped Callisto is you, she will be livid. She might loathe you for eternity." Athena began slowly, choosing her words carefully. "So I will advice you that placing the Arcadian Princess in the stars would not be enough to compensate your fault; however, you can ask Hermes to take your son to his mother to nurture and educate him."

Zeus played with his beard, pensively thinking about her daughter's advice. "That is wise. Thank you, Athena."

"Do not thank me." She said, a shadow marring her features. "After all, I cannot help you when Artemis comes to know that it was you."

Zeus feared when he saw an amused smile crossing his daughter's lips. 

"My sister's actions have always been a mystery to me. She is such a rebel. Of all of your godly children, she is the one that fights back against Hera and chose to live mostly in the mountains even when you gave her a seat in the council."

"You should read and observe her closely," Zeus said. "Ask for Apollo's help. I would not take it against her if she decides to destroy one of my temples. After all," he grinned. "She got her temper from me."

Athena nodded and left, searching for Apollo. Deciding to first visit his chambers in Mount Olympus.

Not after she was gone, Zeus called his son―the second to the youngest one who had a seat in the 12 Olympians. "Hermes!"

Like lightning speed, a young god with sandy hair and golden eyes was in front of him. "Yes, my King?"

"I have a task for you. Go to the mountains where you are born. There deep in the woods is a dead bear. She has a child inside her. I want you to take him and bring him to your mother. I want her to raise him."

"Noted, dear father." he bowed, but before he left, he spun on his heel and stared questioningly at his king. "I do not wish to intrude but―is there any chance that the child is my brother?"

Zeus sighed. Whenever he ordered him things that regard children or women, he would know it was one of his infidelities. With a grumble, he answered truthfully. "Yes, Hera indirectly killed the mother. But my son still lives but you must hurry to get him out. He will be named Arcas. He is the eponym of Arcadia and he will rule in its land. The kingdom that I once had destroyed because I killed Phaethon. He will lift the people from the ground and raise them like ashes and build it back better than his forefathers have done. He will succeed in it for he is a son of mine—a son of Zeus, Lord of the skies."