Chapter 19

Cora turned over in bed, reaching out she wrapped herself around Steve, laying her head on his chest and wrapping an arm over him.

"Morning, Doll." Steve ran his fingers through her hair, and pressed a kiss to the top of her head.

"Mmm," Cora sleepily pushed his hand away and Steve laughed.

"Come on, Doll. It's time to get up." Steve sat up and pulled her along with him.

Cora sighed, sitting up. She stifled a yawn as she stretched. She watched as Steve stood and stretched. Now there was a view a girl could get used to.

Steve caught Cora looking and frowned. "Really?"

Cora made a point to tilt her head, taking a good long look at his rear. "Yes, really...Looks like someone is standing at attention." She teased.

Steve laughed. Walking over to her, he held his hands out to her. "Join me in the shower?"

Cora took his hands and allowed him to pull her to her feet. Before she had a chance to answer, Steve scooped her up into his arms and carried her to the bathroom.

After setting her on her feet, Steve turned the water on in the shower and checked the temperature.

Cora stepped into the shower, closely followed by Steve. She shivered in the cold air, leaning against Steve for warmth.

He wrapped his arms around her and they stood together under the stream of water, and soon enough the air in the shower had warmed. Steve laughed when he noticed that Cora had leaned her head back against his shoulder, her eyes closed. "Still sleepy?" He asked, his voice deep and husky with his growing need.

"Mmmhmm," Cora lent more of her weight against him.

Steve laughed and reached around Cora, pouring some of her body wash onto his hand. He ran his soapy hands over her belly, drawing slow circles and making his way up to her breasts. Gently, he ran his fingers over her nipples, teasing her.

"You are insatiable," Cora pressed back against him, feeling his erections against her back.

"Is that a bad thing?" Steve moved his hands lower, going over her thighs.

"Oh, no. I quite enjoy it." Cora propped her leg up on the shower wall, giving Steve easy access as he dipped two fingers into her...

After their shower, Steve and Cora dried off and dressed for the day. Cora wore a dark green dress, it went down to her calves and had long sleeves. Steve wore a pair of dark wash jeans and a black sweater.

When they finished breakfast, Steve pulled Cora into a warm embrace. "Ready for your first present?"

Cora nodded. "Yep, if you're ready for yours."

Steve handed Cora a thin package wrapped in red paper with a sloppily tied bow. "I can wrap alright, but I've never been able to tie a decent bow."

Taking a seat on the couch, Cora carefully tore at the paper. Inside was a black, leather bound portfolio. It was old, the leather worn from years of use, but the binding held strong. In the bottom right corner, in gold letters was imprinted "Steven Grant Rogers".

Cora ran her fingers over the name, taking in the smooth feel of the leather. Opening it up slowly, Cora gasped when she saw the first thing it held.

It was a sketch of her sitting at her desk, back when she was working at the V.A. in D.C. Her was slightly bent, and it looked as though she were doing paperwork. The sketch was done in a combination of charcoal and over lying water color paint.