Chapter 17: Forget About It

-Author's note- 

I would just like to say holy shit! I'm at 1,000 reads. Thank you all so much for reading this. I'm happy that people like this and I've gained a lot more confidence in my writing. <3

Ps. This chapter is not a happy chapter, just a fair warning.

-Alex's point of view-

It's been two weeks since I've seen Meg and I'm literally about to go insane. I didn't want to be away from her, I wanted to be with her. She was supposed to come back a week ago but she pushed her flight back. Contact between us was at a minimum, I could sense that something was wrong. Even though I was away from here for three years, I still remember everything about her. What I don't know is if there is something she's not telling me. Every time I spoke to her on the phone her voice was always quiet and she seemed, out of place almost.

Her flight should be landing any minute now, I'm just waiting for her to call to pick me up. Right on cue my phone went off. "Hello?" I answered. "Hi is this Mr. Gaskarth." I haven't had a call like this since..Tom. Oh fuck. My heart stopped. "Y-Yes." He sighed. "Mr. Gaskarth, we have your girlfriend in the hospital." No, please be okay. "Is she okay? What happened?" I began to panic. "She's alright now. She's been here for a week and she requested we didn't tell you. We received information that she was moving in with you. Is there any way you can get a flight and come speak with me?" "Yes. I'll be on the next flight possible. Thank you so much for calling." I hung up the phone and turned around to see Jack standing there. "Is everything okay, Alex?" I ram my fingers through my hair. "Change of plans, Jack."

-Meg's point of view-

I opened up my eyes to see the same white four walls I've been seeing for the past week. I just wanted to go home. Not my home here, my real home with Alex. Speaking of Alex, he's going to kill me if he finds out that I didn't tell him I was here. I was a danger to myself though, that was my secret Alex didn't know. My thoughts destroyed me and all I want to do is shut my brain down. It's never been this bad. I should have never gone to that party with Alex. That's what triggered all of this to happen. If I had just listened to Alex, I wouldn't be in this place. I've been here for a week, I'm sick of this place. I've only been to the hospital a few times in my life, never this long. I felt guilty enough for what I remembered from that night, I don't need Alex flipping out that I'm here.

-Alex's point of view-

Surprisingly, I got on the very next flight to Portland that day. It was a four hour flight which wasn't bad. I arrived at Portland at about nine at night. I walked in to the hospital and up to the front desk. "Hi, I'm Alex Gaskarth, I'm looking for Megan Rose Renee. Dr. Catyer is expecting me." I forced a smile. She gave me a visitors pass. "Down the hall and to your left. Her name will be on her door." "Thank you." I started walking towards her door. I don't know what to expect, was she hurt? No one told me exactly what happened to her. I opened the door to see her lying in her bed, staring at the ceiling. She looked so, broken. "Meg." I spoke quietly. She turned her head to look at me. Her eyes went wide. "Alex?" So she didn't know I was coming. "How could you not tell me you were here? I was worried sick!" I was a little angry she didn't say she was in the hospital.

"Alex...I'm sorry..I didn't want you to worry. I'm fine." Stubborn as always. "Meg, you're not fine." I walked to her bed and sat on the edge and held her hand. "What happened? Meg, we've been best friends for years now. We've also been dating for a few months. Babe, you can tell me anything." Before she responded the door opened and Dr. Catyer walked in and smiled at me. "Hi, I'm Dr. Catyer, you must be Alex?" "Yes sir." I answered. "Can I speak to you outside for a moment?" He asked. "Of course." I followed him outside in the hall. I could still see Meg from where we were standing. 

"Alex, has she told you that she was diagnosed with depression two years ago?" Meg has never told me that. She has depression? I would of honestly never known. I guess looks can be deceiving. I looked at her through the glass door. "No, she has not." "Alex, Meg spoke to me about a party that you all went to the night before she came home. Alcohol and depression are never a good mix. It makes depression worse. But, something that happened at this party is also contributing to her sadness, and maybe you can get it out of her. But right now she's in a state where she doesn't want to think or do much."

I really didn't know what to think about all of this. She was hiding things from me, things that could help her get better. "Thank you doctor, I'll speak with her." "No problem, she can be discharged today to go home with you. Just keep a close eye on her for a bit. "I will, thank you." I walked back into the room with Meg. "What happened at that party that you aren't telling me babe?" I tried to ask as nicely as possible. "Nothing." She answered blankly. "Don't lie to me, no more keeping stuff Meg. I know about your depression and I know there is something that triggered this from the party." She started to cry. "You know what I did? Matt and I kissed when we were drunk. I didn't want to lose you, so I didn't say anything. I was alone when I got home, my depression worsened. Ali left, she's not my friend anymore. She couldn't handle me. I had no one, I lost control of myself okay?" She was almost shouting. She cheated on me with Matt. We'd address that later. I wasn't going to lose her over some dumb mistake. I would be stupid to lose her over this. I loved her for than anything and she needed me now more than ever before. So I had to just forget about it.