Forgiveness

Morning rolled around quickly. I woke up alone on the couch. Thoughts of the previous night just made my stomach ache. Knowing he broke the promise he had made hurt me. But, we needed to talk.

I stood up and stretched, throwing my arms in the air. I didn't feel well rested but I guess that was a part of the tour life.

Marilyn was still sleeping. His white makeup was smeared all over his pillow, and his lipstick all over his face. He looked awfully hungover. I sighed. If this was what our life was going to be, I wasn't ready.

I grabbed the makeup wipes off the bedside counter. I took one out and warmed it in my hands before gently wiping away the remains of oily makeup on his face. His eyes slowly fluttered open, making contact with mine.

"Baby," Marilyn whispered. He grabbed my hand. "I'm sorry, please, hear me out."

I knelt down. Our eyes were level.

"Marilyn, why?" I asked him quietly.

"Just... Shit. Shit from my past, I'm scared Skye, I'm just... I don't know, sometimes I just want to escape all the bad thoughts for a while. You are my escape, truly. But I was out with the guys and I just had an episode and I couldn't stay away from it, please forgive me Skye I am so sorry," Marilyn pleaded while holding on to my hand like his life depended on it.

I felt my walls breaking. I couldn't stay upset with him. I knew he was sorry. But it just hurt. Regardless, I would forgive him.

"I forgive you, okay? I do. But it hurts. You promised and this is where we end up. Seeing you like that hurt. But, we'll be okay. We will. And I'll take care of you. I'm not giving up on this. I love you, so much," I placed my hand on his face. "I love you more than anything," I whispered.

"I love you too," he answered. I stood, and he pulled me down on the bed with him. He slammed his lips on to mine, pulling me deep into a passionate kiss. I let my hands wander and wrap around his head, pulling him as close to me as possible. My whole world was in my hands. My happiness.

I pulled away from the kiss, and ran my fingers through his long black hair. I took in the flawless features of his face. Every little detail of him was so beautiful. His eyes like doors to another world; one only I believed I saw. One of love and compassion. Marilyn Manson was truly the love of my life. The one I'd been waiting for.

"I wish you knew how perfect you are," I spoke quietly.

"I'm not Skye. You are. You are a goddess," Marilyn ran his thumb across my lower lip. "My goddess," he whispered. I flushed red. He made me so happy. I giggled and he smiled, trailing his hand down my arm into my hand. He sat up and placed his forehead against mine, our noses touching. We looked into eachother's eyes. The fire between us was growing.

"Never leave me," he whispered, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I won't."