Scared

*2 weeks later, Skye's P.O.V*

Marilyn and I had finally made it to Canada. His band members got to know me on the way, and I guess you could say it's easy to see why they're a band. They all get alone so well, it's kinda crazy.

I woke up and left my bunk to see Marilyn standing at the sink in the kitchen. He looked pale. Well, you know, he already is. But, he looked flushed.

"Marilyn, is everything okay?" I walked up to him and laid my hand on his back. He sighed.

"Yeah. Yeah I'm good, just feel really tired." He sighed, and went to sit on the couch.

"Are you sure? You look like you're not feeling well."

"I'm okay darling, I promise." He smiled, and opened his arms. "Can I get some sugar?" He made a pout lip and I giggled, basically throwing myself on him. I buried my face in his chest, taking in his scent. He always smelled so good.

--

*4 hours later, Skye's P.O.V*

Marilyn was out on stage. I was watching him from behind the curtain. He wasn't as, well, himself. His singing was quiet and strained. He didn't look into it at all. I looked over to one of the roadies.

"Uh you guys, is he okay? Did he say anything about not feeling well or anything?"

The roadies just looked at me funny.

"No dear, he didn't. But he does seem to be-"

The crowd screamed, and I turned around to see Marilyn down on his knees, facing backstage. I didn't know what to do, he looked sick, but it's Marilyn. He does crazy stuff on stage, and I didn't want to be that overly attached fangirl that ran out there for nothing because I freaked out too much.

Then, the roadies called medical. And I knew something wasn't right. At that second, I noticed Marilyn basically puking his guts out on stage. I ran out there, the roadies following me. Marilyn grabbed my hand and held it tightly. Something was wrong. He couldn't even stand. Roadies pulled him up and practically dragged him backstage, myself following. Dan, a roadie, took him to his dressing room and placed him on the couch. Medical came in and looked over him, determining he just had a flu and it would be gone in a couple of days. They left, and I sat with him, holding his cold hand.

"I'm so sorry," I said, squeezing his hand. I knew he was upset. He tried so hard, and on his last song, it got the best of him.

"It's not your fault, don't be. I thought I could do it. That's why I didn't tell you. I didn't want you to worry. I should have said something. But that's just not me. I didn't want to back down, because I just- I never do that." He sighed, and suddenly jumped off the couch, running for the bathroom. I followed him, and found him there throwing up once again. I held his hair back, and pressed my body against his. He fell back against the wall in a cold sweat, breathing heavily.

"It's okay, I understand," I whispered. He nodded and closed his eyes, leaning his head on my shoulder. "You know I support you, Marilyn. You did amazing tonight for being this sick. The fans aren't upset either. You have lots of 'get well' messages to answer to when you're up to it." I kissed his cheek and brushed his hair aside. "I promise I'll always be here for you. Always."

I felt something warm fall down my chest. I looked down, and saw a tear had slipped down his cheek.

"Skye. You mean so much to me, so fucking much," he whispered into my neck. "I don't just want you. I need you..."

"I need you too," I answered in a soft whisper.

We eventually headed off to the bus. He had stopped throwing up, but he was still sick. I left him to get dressed for bed while I did the same. I went into the bedroom, Marilyn was lying in bed.

"Is there anything I can do for you?" I asked quietly, sitting beside him. Then it hit me, he still had his makeup on. I really had become used to the makeup, I guess. "Well, I guess this should come off." I took his makeup wipes and gently removed the makeup, revealing his bare face. I stared into his hazel eyes, and that's when I realised the beauty of them. And all that was hidden behind them.

Marilyn placed his hand on my thigh. I smiled, and looked down at my feet.

"I wish I could tell you how you make me feel," I whispered.

"Why don't you, darling, it might just be mutual," he said with a rough voice.

"Well.." I grabbed his hand. "You... You make my heart beat fast every time I hear your voice, or see your face. You make me blush when you speak to me. You make me feel like no one else ever has. I feel so at home with you, and when I'm away from you, I feel incomplete. You make me smile like no one ever has before. It all feels so right, I feel like when I saw you, my soul just spoke to me. It was like 'Oh there you are, I've been waiting for you,' I don't know... This all just feels so right. That's the only way I know how to put it." I sighed, and Marilyn smiled wide.

"I feel the same," he said, squeezing my hand. "I wish I could make this more special. I wish I could wait until I wasn't sick. But if anything it'll make it something more to look back on. Skye, will you be my girl?" Marilyn's cheeks turned red, and he looked at me with eyes full of happiness.

"Oh my god, yes!" I hugged him tightly. I knew then, that my life was about to change for the better.