Revelation

*One week later, Skye's POV*

Marilyn and I were sitting on his bed in the bus. He was showing me his photo album from when he was a child. I saw the picture of him wearing his big glasses, and giggled.

"That one is my favorite," I said with a smile. He laughed, but with a heaviness.

"Yeah. A lot of people like that photo of me now. But back then it only contributed to my sadness." Marilyn sighed. "I guess you know about my childhood already. How hard everything was."

"I do," I said, looking down at my hands. "I wish I could tell you how sorry I am about that, about you having to go through so much. You didn't deserve it." Marilyn looked at his lap.

"Fuck," he breathed out. "I know it's been a long time. It just still haunts me. It always will." I noticed his eyes were watered over. I slid closer to him, gently placing my hand on his shoulder.

"I'm here for you, whenever you need. If you need to talk, if you need a shoulder to cry on. I'm here for you."

Marilyn just looked at me, and nodded. He wrapped me in his warm embrace, burying his face in my shoulder. Who knew he was like this. He always seemed so rough, emotionless.

"Thank you." He whispered to me. "So much."

--

Marilyn left me on the bed with his photo albums. I looked through them all while he showered. Some pictures were happy, he looked happy. Others, not so much. After I'd gone through them all, I leaned back against the wall. Marilyn emerged from the bathroom with a towel around his waist. He came into the bedroom, and my eyes grew.

"What?" He asked, his eyes wide and confused.

"M- Marilyn! Oh my god!" My heart hurt.

Scars covered him. His hands, his chest, his arms. Almost everywhere. I jumped out of the bed and stood in front of him, placing my hand on his bare chest. I felt the risen pink scar tissue under my cold fingers. My eyes scanned over every one. They were obviously self inflicted. I knew he did this, but I didn't know there were so many.

"Marilyn, I'm so, so sorry," I said through tears. "It's just- I care. A lot. I'm so sorry you hurt this much, I just- I'm sorry..." A tear slipped down his cheek, and he caught it with his thumb.

"Darling, please. I know these will never go away. But I was going through rough times. I wanted my family to physically see the pain they caused me. The bullies. The people who brought me down, I wanted them to feel what I felt. Hurt. But that is in my past. I know, it's only been a week. But this whole week you have made me the happiest man alive. With you, I've smiled more than ever. You have shown me a kind of happiness that I have never felt. It used to be just one night stands for me. But with you, I just feel like I want to keep you forever. It's so different, but, I like it. You are perfect for me, love."