Not so "Sweet Dreams"

I woke up to whimpering, and the bed  shaking. It didn't quite register in my tired mind what the disturbance to my  deep sleep was, but then I heard the painful cries of my lover piercing my ears. I quickly rolled over and saw his body convulsing, almost like a seizure. His back would arch and a whimper would elude from his quivering lips. It scared me.

I placed my hand on his tear-soaked face.

"Marilyn!" I yelled his name, shaking him with my other hand. His eyes shot open and his body rose quickly into mine. He breathed heavy breaths into my neck. I held onto him tightly. He shook all over, warm tears pouring from his closed eyes.

"I love you," I whispered into his ear, gently pushing his hair away  from his face. "I love you so much, I'm here. I'll always be here. You are so strong Marilyn." I caressed the back of his neck with my thumb. He didn't talk, and I didn't expect him to. We sat there for what seemed like forever, while I whispered comforting words to him. Seeing him so helpless hurt me. 

He lifted his face from my shoulder. 

"I'm so sorry Skye," he said with a rough voice. 

"No, no, no. Don't you be sorry for anything. This is why I'm here. To protect you," I reach out and took his hand. He laced our fingers together.

"You are the best thing that has ever happened to me, Skye," Marilyn squeezed my hand. "I love you more than anything." 

"I love you too." I looked down at our hands. His pretty much swallowed mine. I giggled at the sight. 

"I know, my hands are huge," Marilyn smiled, a blush across his pale face.

"Nooo, mine are just tiny!" I laughed, and leaned in to kiss his cheek.

"How about breakfast?" He asked. "We can talk then." Marilyn smiled and I nodded.

Marilyn took me to a little diner on a street corner. We shared a smoothie and some pancakes. He told me about the nightmare that had caused him such pain. It was about his earlier life, all the heartbreak and pains he went through at  home and in school. The people that had hurt him the most. 

The rest of  the day we went shopping, Marilyn spoiling me more than he should. We left Victoria's Secret with at least ten bags, full of cute underwear that he helped me pick, and of course a few more sexy things. Even though we weren't quite there yet, it  would come in handy soon enough.