Chapter 17

"You know what I've noticed?" I asked Ryan and Jason one day.

"Hmm?" They both mumbled, their eyes staring intensly at the game they were playing.

"Dad hasn't shown up for at least a week. Maybe he actually decided to die in a ditch, finally." I told them. They finally paused their game and looked at me. "What?" I muttered. "I know we all wish it. We just wouldn't say it until now."

Ryan sighed. "I don't wish it. I know somewhere, deep down, like deep deep deep deep--"

"Okay! We get it!" Jason said.

"I think deep down, our old and nice dad is in there." Ryan said. I frowned.

"I think that dad left a long time ago, Ry." I said, using my kid nickname for him. Ryan sighed again. He seemed to do that a lot lately. Just then the door slammed open. "Speak of the devil and he will appear." I muttered. But when dad walked in he didn't look drunk at all. He was beaming at us. A young small women peered at us from behind him. She smiled and stepped in front of us, holding her hand out to Ryan.

"I'm Melissa." She said sweetly, shaking Ryan's hand. "You must be Ryan. And you must be Ashlee." Melissa said, hugging me to her small body.

"Umm. Yeah." I said, awkwardly hugging her back. "Er. I don't mean to be rude, but why are you here?"

"Well...Children...I've fallen in love again." My dad answered, holding Melissa's hand. "Melissa and I met on the streets. I was...well...drunk and I couldn't seem to find my truck so she helped me and bam! Love at first sight." My dad said, chuckling. I raised my eyebrows and peeked at Ryan who seemed just as surprised as me. Jason just sat there, his eyes traveling from me, to Ryan, to my dad, to Melissa, and then back to me. "Melissa and I are gonna go on a little trip. You guys will be all right, right?"

"Of course we will. I mean, you've left us home for days while you were busy getting drunk!" I snapped.

"Now Ashlee...I've changed."

"Bullsh*t." I muttered. He must've not heard me because he took Melissa's hand and they ran out the door, looking like to little kids running to the ice cream truck. I rolled my eyes. Ryan smiled.

"At least he's not drunk. I have this feeling that we won't be seeing him again." Ryan said.

"I do too."

"Good riddance."

"What? You don't think our "old and nice dad" is still in there?" I teased Ryan.

"Nope. Not anymore." Ryan said, smiling sadly at the door. I kissed Ryan on the cheek and winked at him.

"It's about time you let go of him." I joked. He smacked my arm lightly and stuck his tongue out at me. Jason smiled at the two of us. We all settled onto the couch. Me next to my brother and on Jason's lap. The two men I love most in this world......

A/N:

I didn't give you any warning but this was the last chapter :( -Sniffles- I was so happy that I'd finally completed a story but now I'm just sad :( I'm gonna miss Ashlee and Jason and Ryan. It was like they were real to me :*( I'll make an epilogue soon though :) Maybe even right now :) I think it was a good ending...What do you think? Ugh...I hope you think it's good :D Well, farewell to Falling For The Enemy. :( Thank you! All of you for reading this, voting, commenting, and whatnot. I wouldn't have had as much fun if it weren't for you, my fans :)

Love you all :)

~Selena ♥