Chapter 1

"Ashlee!!! Please come here." I heard my brother call from downstairs.

"Why?"

"I need to ask you something."

"Come up here then!" I shouted down to him.

"Just get down here!" He replied. I hate how older brothers think they own the whole world. I trudged down the stairs and shot daggers at my brothers friend, Jason. He smirked at me.

"What do you want?" I asked my brother.

"Where's dad?"

"That's why you wanted me to come down here!?! I have better stuff to do, you know. And I don't know. Probably at some bar getting drunk." I replied, rolling my eyes. Ryan, my brother, nodded slowly, his eyes never leaving the game Jason and him were playing.

"What have you been up to, little Ashlee?" Jason asked.

"None of your business, Jasey-poo." I said, knowing he hated the nickname. His nose wrinkled up in disgust and he stopped talking. Jason might be a cutie but I still hate him.

"Okay. That's all I needed to know." Ryan said. I groaned and went back upstairs to my room. I looked at my phone which had a new text message.

Hey babe! Whts up!? Renee and I are going to the mall. Wanna come?

It was from Shelly. She was my best friend in the whole world, as was Renee. People kept teasing them because they are in a relationship and I always ended up sticking up for them. They aren't lesbian, just bi. I sighed and texted back:

Me: Can't, sorry. I just want to stay home.

Shelly: Is Jason there? Is that why? Come on, just admit you love him.

Me: Are u friggen kidding me? That better b a joke! -Gags-

Shelly: Mmmhmm. Sure. Well your going tmrw.

I rolled my eyes. Shelly thinks I'm madly in love with him since we always pick on each other. I'm not though. He's annoying, a pig, and all he can think about is girls, video games, and his stupid car. Plus, he's my brothers friend. We aren't supposed to like each other. Those type of things only happen in fairytales or in fiction teen romance books. ( I have a whole shelf in my bookcase filled with them . )

2 Hours Later

§§§§§§§§§§§§

I heard yelling downstairs and figured dad came home. I sighed, wishing I had gone to the mall. Jason came upstairs with Ryan trailing behind him.

"Come on, Ashlee." Ryan said.

"That bad again?" I replied. Ryan just nodded. Jason, Ryan, and I all crammed into the one room with a lock. The closet. "We really need more locks, Ryan." I hissed, trying to get as far away from Jason as I could. Just then there was banging on the closet which made me stop talking.

"You don't talk to me like that, Ryan!!!" My dad thundered. When he gets drunk, he gets violent. My dad had started getting drunk when my mom left her husband and kids to go live with some hot french dude that was at least twenty years younger than her. I mean, I had wanted to date that french guy......Ryan shoved me over since I was smushing him and I ended up right against Jason. I could just see him smirking....

"Can't get enough of me, can you Ashlee?" Jason whispered. I smacked him upside the head and leaned a little closer to Ryan. The banging stopped and we all leaned in to peak through the cracks. Dad was gone. Ryan shoved us all out and we went to his room. He leaned a chair under the doorknob and I crossed my fingers and hoped it would stay.

"So, where are we all sleeping?" I asked.

"You can sleep on the bed, Ashlee, and Jason and I can sleep on the ground in sleeping bags." Ryan said.

"Why does she get the bed?" Jason whined like a three year old. Ryan and I both shot him daggers. He held his hands up defensively and snagged one of the sleeping bags. I crawled under the blankets and instantly fell asleep.

A/N:

So what do you guys think??? I kinda just got this from the top of my head and I'm hoping I did okay....Vote and Comment :D I ♥ Comments :D Picture is of the most beautiful Rachele Brooke Smith as Ashlee :) ( God, I wish I looked like her lol )

~Selena ♥