Knives and burlap sacks. 13!

His face was bloody, his body scorched, the agony in his voice resonated throughout my chest as he screamed.

Phelan was tied to a white table, men held him down as they stabbed his sides with red hot pokers. Every time he screeched in pain, every time he called out my name, pleading with me to come save him.

But I couldn't.

I was shackled to the wall, unable to come to the aid of my friend.

Another stab from the searing poker...

"ASA!!!"

I couldn't bare to watch his torture. I turned my head and squeezed my eyes shut, hoping it would all be over soon. I could still hear his screams though, I knew it wasn't over. I couldn't save him, I couldn't even go to him to say comforting words, all I could do was listen in terror to the horrific things they were doing to him.

***

I shot up, my heart pounding against my chest. My dreams were getting worse and worse every night, each one more real than the last.

I pushed my hair from my face, I was exhausted. My eyes were heavy as I looked around me.

Clayton was curled up next to my hip and Phelan was laying on his side next to me. I had fallen asleep next to him, making sure his concussion didn't cause any problems. He was so close to me, his face only inches from mine. I couldn't even tell he was a demon. Speaking of which, didn't all demons have black hair and dark eyes? Phelan had white hair and red eyes... Was he really a demon or something else? ...Something more terrifying?

Phelan let out a small sigh and furrowed his eyebrows, he must be having a bad dream. I brushed a small piece of hair off his face, revealing his tanned forehead and cheek.

Instantly his eyes snapped open and hand shot to my wrist, holding me with a death grip. His breath was ragged as his dreary eyes registered my face.

When he realized who I was he gave a prideful smirk. "Well hello there." He threw a wink my way.

I was so shocked I couldn't say a word, so I just choked out a very pitiful, "H-hi."

He closed the distance between us, his face now only an inch from mine.

"And what were you doing?" He breathed, the same smirk still lying on his lips.

I pushed him from me forcefully, "Nothing, just making sure you weren't dead." Honestly I didn't know why I did that, I just felt the need to make sure he was alright, the dream was so real.

"Mmmmhmm, then why were you so close?"

"I was... Uh..." I don't know why but for some reason I felt embarrassed to tell him about the nightmare.

"You were...?"

"I-I had a nightmare and it felt real so I was just checking..." I hung my head, too embarrassed to look at his face.

"What was it?" He asked, worry and compassion shown in his expression.

I told him everything, every detail till I woke up.

He was oddly silent, I looked into his eyes. A look of happiness and fear mixed consumed them.

"That wasn't a dream," He paused as if the words were having trouble finding their way out, "it was a memory."

My jaw fell open and my eyes went wide. What! A memory?! My mind was flashing here and there. It was memory!? How, when, where, why? So many questions were going through my head that I couldn't process a single one.