"He is now with his... Lady friend" leo said, not sure of what to call me.

I felt a little bit offended, but I really am nothing more at the moment, but the wording makes me feel kinda cheap. As if I'm one of those 'ladies of the night' to put it politely.

Paid to entertain privately.

But I got over it quickly, as I focused back on the man's words.

"So he wasn't so in love with you after all." Gaspari said, addressing to Sarah.

She just glared, not saying a word.

"And me who thought that he finally found a person to settle down with. But all he did was get curious, chase and then when he has caught his prey, he threw the remains to the curb, letting them fend for themselves. Again. Poor you." he continued, gesturing lazily in the air with his free hand.

Again.

My whole body froze at his words and made my brain go into overdrive, making all my insecurities come to the surface.

The way he spoke was of a man that was close to Dante, in some sort of way, and he gives me the impression that I am not the only Cinderella Dante has encountered up until now. I am now suddenly doubting him. And me.

What if all those passionate feelings he has now towards me will dissipate once he has me completely?

What if he sees this as a game of sorts and he's just playing to win? He has won all his life after all.

Before I could worry myself any further, I felt a large hand gently being placed on my shoulder and I jumped in shock, looking now at Dante.

"Are you ok?" He asked, looking worried.

I just nodded, suddenly extremely guarded.

"How long did you wait until you've slept with him? I bet you never thought he'd throw you away like this,didn't you? He must've told you that he'd marry you and gave you a bunch of flowers,then you just flung yourself at him with a bare soul." He mockingly said, making a pitiful expression towards Sarah, but I knew he was enjoying it.

He might not know, but he is now pushing all the right buttons, voicing all the possibilities I've tried to keep away from my head.

I can't say that I never doubted Dante's feelings and my biggest fear is to get taken advantage of emotionally, just to be left broken on the side of the world. I always thought that it would be too good to be true for a gorgeous and mature Greek(Italian in this case) god to confess his undying love for me and asking, indirectly at least, for my hand in marriage, promising a good live.

I wished for all that to be true.

But mister Gaspari has thrown a bucket full of ice water on my wishful and naive thinking, waking me up to reality.

Real life is never this perfect.

This convenient.

There must be a catch to all this.

I hate having to think that way, but I've learned to protect myself. I've been burned too many times for thinking that things might be different this time.

My heart sunk and I suddenly felt like crying.

Why do I cry so easily still.

I noticed Leo now shaking with anger(?) and spoke through clenched teeth.

"As if my boss would do that. You're pretty confident for a man that has the wrong woman."

Leo seemed to have snapped and now he is extremely pissed off.

The man across from him stared in shock for a couple of seconds, then removed his hand from around Sarah, leaning forward.

"I know from multiple sources that she is in fact the one. She was even seen having a romanic dinner with that Damiano brat in public" he said, stressing his words, as if Dante and public affection were antonyms."She herself said that she's the one in... circumstances that didn't allow false information."

"You must be getting soft" Leo laughed, hatred slowly pouring into his voice "My boss has been with his Cinderella for a few days now, even visited her house on some occasions. You're slipping up."

"Is he crazy?" Dante whispered angrily under his breath, ready to jump from the car.

I held him back and told him to check in with his men first, to make sure that we wouldn't be outnumbered if an ambush was to happen.

"They lost a group of 7 people into their search and now they're looking for them" Dante mumbled, now a little calmer.

I just nodded and went back to Leo and the others and saw a commotion

What did I miss?

"I might just kill her now if it's like that. She already saw too much anyway."

Leo tried to get up when he saw a shiny silenced pistol pressed against Sarah's very still torso.

I think she forgot to breathe.

Although he was a massive man, he was easily pushed back into his seat by the two men flanking his sofa.

I didn't stay to look anymore and jumped from the car, opening the trunk and taking one of the spare trackers in there, along with a bag full of the ransom money.

The bag had a tracker device build in to follow the money, letting Dante retrieve them in his own ways when Sarah has been set free, but that wasn't a part of the plan anymore.

I took the spare tracker and stuffed it into my bun, moving the fake gun I kept with me for such situations in my sweater, on top of my breasts, covering the bump with my pink fluffy scarf.

I ran across the street while I heard Dante's men hold him back from following me.

"Hey!" I shouted from in front of the restaurant to catch their attention, as the bodyguards up front didn't look like they would let me in anytime soon.