57. Teenage Miscarriage

His P.O.V.

Liam: I wasn’t sure how long Y/N and I had been laying here, but it was a while. She was in pain I could tell, and that made my heart sink even further thank it already had. we had just found out that we lost her. Our own baby, was gone, and I could barely stay strong for Y/N. Wincing again, I sigh, rubbing her stomach softly. “Liam please you’re not helping." she whimpers, voice hoarse. “What hurts?" I ask, knowing it was a stupid question. “I just have really bad cramps." she murmurs, tears threatening to fall again. Hugging her tightly, I sigh. “Baby, please don’t cry. I hate i t when you cry." Her body begins to shake with sobs. “Ok sweetheart, i know you’re sad, I know that you’re hurting, but we weren’t ready for a baby anyways, it wasn’t meant to be. We can again when we’re older, but it’s not going to happen this time." I try to soothe, her sobs stopping. “Do you still love me?" she asks and I nod “Of course, I love you more than I did yesterday." “We’ll be ok?" she asks and I nod again, adjusting her heating pad. “We’ll be perfect." “Ok." she murmurs quietly, leaving us back in the silence we were in before.

Harry: “Please, can I talk to her?" I beg. Her parent’s wouldn’t let me in to see her. My wish had come true. Well, my stupid spur of the moment anger had come true. That this problem would go away, that everything would be back to normal. Y/N had lost our baby, because of me. I had wished it away, and now she was in turmoil and i was out here, trying anything to get in to see her. “No." he parents said firmly. “Look, I know this is all my fault, but I just want to make sure sh’es ok." Another minute of silence, and they let me up the steps. Knocking softly, I opened her door, and saw her laying there, almost lifeless. Arm slung acoss her forehead, breaths barely visible. “Sweetheart, are you alright?" I ask. She rolls her eye at me, and shakes her head. “Everything is just peachy Harry." she says sarcastically, a bit ov anger in her voice. I sigh, sitting beside her. “Can we talk?" I ask and she shrugs, covering herself with a blanket, her sanctuary. “Fine, just listen then. Look, I know I said some things, and they really hurt your feeling, but I- I couldn’t imagine being a father yet. And now this, this is just so stressful, that I snapped. I know that you feel likw nothing could get worse right now, but I think it can. I need you, and if you slip away from me, then I’ll have nothing. Please, forgive me and let me help you get through this. please? I beg, no realizing how close I had come to her. “Harry, I’m not going to let you slip away, I just need some time. OK?" she asks and I nod, laying beside her “Let me spend it with you." She sighs, and gives me some of the blanket, letting me in her sanctuary.

Niall: The car wouldn’t go fast enough. I was pushing the limit, and it still seemed like we weren’t moving. I had no idea what was happening, but I needed to get Y/N to the hospital because if there was something wrong with her, the baby was in just as much danger, and I could not stand to lose one of them. She yells in pain again, laying on her side as I rub her back. It’s alright, ok? We’re almost there." I say, tears stinging my eyes. She was in so much pain, I couldn’t stand it." A few minutes later I pulled up, and ran to her side, scooping her u,p, running her inside. Blood now stained my shirt. Shit.I thought, this could not be good. Running to the front desk, I let out shakily “Sh- She’s three months pregnant, nineteen, and she having stomach pains, and bleeding." I say as she grips to my shirt. “Right this way." the nurse says calmly, how was she so calm. I follow, laying Y/N on a table. Almost instantly, I was being pushed away, and she was crying. I wasn’t sure if from the pain, or she was thinking what I was, that we were going to lose it. I looked at her, and her face quivered again, crying more. “Sorry." she mouthed, and I broke. I started to cry myself as the doctors examined her, shaking my head. I knew it wasn’t her fault, these things happened  They finally had finished, and they confirmed our worst fears. She started crying more, and I sank beside her, and held her, just her shaking shoulders, trying to think of how I was going to be able to make this better, finally coming to the conclusion that I wasn’t I couldn’t make this better.

Louis: I held Y/N’s hand tightly as we approached the small gravestone. It had been a year since we were here last, and I was already feeling my tears surface. Baby Tomlinson hadn’t even had a full minute of life. Stillborn. No screams filled the room, no happy tears, no tears of sadness instead. Tears full of sorrow and regret, and “what could I have done differently?"  Nothing. I told her hundreds, thousands, countless time that it wasn’t her fault. Small sniffles brought me from my thoughts, and focus on her. We had tried to move on, get back into our studies, but there was this sadness about her, and that brought both of us down. “It’s alright love." I lie, rubbing her shoulders as she kneels down, placing a small rose on the small gravestone. “I wish we could have met him." she says, stinging my heart. Kneeling beside her, I nod. “I bet he would have had your eyes." and her breathing stops for a moment, making me immediately regret saying anything. “And your voice." she murmurs quietly. I dared to go on “Your smile perhaps." and she nods quietly. Hugging her to me, I sigh, wishing more than anything that I could bring him back, if anything, just for a day. Just so she could see him. “Don’t worry sweetheart, we’ll have one one day, ok? I promise you that nothing like this will ever happen to you again " She starts to cry a bit more, whimpering “Bu- you don’t know that Lou." I kiss her temple deeply, and nod “I do. I’m never going to let anything happen to you or any part of my family that may be coming along, I promise." sticking my pinky out. She takes it with her own and nods “Ok, Louis, I trust you." I hold her tightly, swaying her back and forth, until she’s ready to leave.

Zayn: It was happening, again. Y/N was sitting in the baby’s nursery, crying  This was her second miscarriage, and I was starting to think that all this was going to kill her. We had been trying for a few years, Y/N, excited to start a family, and not that I would tell her, I was probably ready before she was. “Y/N?" I ask, knocking on the frame of the door. Sniffling  wiping her eyes to make me believe that she wasn’t crying, she fakes a smile. “Hey babe. Didn’t hear you come in. I was… I-" she begins, but I shake my head, shhhing her. “Baby, you can’t keep doing this to yourself. You can’t keep torturing yourself like this." I mumble into her hair. “Sorry." she whimpers. “It’s not your fault." I mumble back, knowing she wasn’t talking about coming into the room. “But it is, there’s probably something wrong with me." she cries. “You’re young." I retaliate. “It’s happened twice." she snaps back. “Baby, we are not going to fight about this. It isn’t, and will never be your fault, please just accept that." “How am I supposed to accept the fact that two of our children have died? I’m not made of stone like you are." she screams at me crying, running out of the room. Stone? Did she really think that? I didn’t bother to follow her, instead, I sat down on the side of a wall, picking up a teddy bear we had gotten as a gift for the baby. Hours must have passed, and I just stared at the bear. “Zayn?" I hear, drawing my attention from the animal. “Yeah babe?" I ask, looking up to see her in the doorway. Walking over, only her footsteps making a sound, she sits next to me. “I- I’m sorry." “I’m not made of stone." I whisper. “I know." she frowns feeling guilty. “I’m not made of stone." I say again, now beginning to cry. Pulling me to her, she strokes my back. “You’re not. I know how much you want this family too." I nod, biting my lip, never have really cried in front of her before. “We can try again." she mumbles, more composed than I am. I’m silent, just wanting to finally show my feelings, and she stays with me until I feel better, and then, we talk about trying again, hopefully this time this teddy bear can be loved.