I smiled, "Well that's what my heart does too."

"In my five years of working here, I've only seen this happen three times, counting you guys. It's something rare and special. You two are lucky to have it, don't ever let each other go."

I turned and looked down at Lauren, once again grabbing hold of her hand, "I don't plan to."

"Good. Now I need to draw some blood."

"For what?" I asked curiously.

"Just to check her white blood cell count and to make sure there aren't any abnormalities or new infections in her body that we may have missed or her body may have formed recently."

"Oh okay, but quick question."

"Yes?"

"How did she feel my touch if she's sleeping?"

The women chuckled slightly, "Her body is sleeping, not her brain. Your touch was felt by her nerves, which sent signals to the brain, which then led to the heart because her body knows you're touch is special."

I stood there amazed at the human body and what it was capable of. She then got the blood that she needed and said goodbye claiming that she would see me later then left out the door. Once the door closed I felt Lauren's hand grip my hand just a bit. I quickly looked up and saw two green emerald eyes slowly start to open up until they were fully open and staring at me. I smile widely and she then started to remove the oxygen mask, but I tried to stop her.

"You need that oxygen babe. Put it back on."

She slightly shook her head and pointed towards the cup of water on top of a table over her bed. I reached for it and lowered the cup to her mouth so she could drink knowing her muscles weren't really in good condition. She downed all of the water in the cup and then cleared her throat.

"I don't need it, my oxygen is right in front of me, keeping me alive."

"You really want to be cheesy right now?" I asked giggling.

She smiled, "Yeah I mean isn't this the most ideal place to be it?"

"Totally. It's not like you're in a hospital bed with multiple wounds and stuff." I responded sarcastically.

She laughed this time and then smiled, "You're keeping me alive."

"Actually the medicine is."

She playfully glared at me, "I'll just pretend that you didn't ruin my moment right there."

I laughed, "I'm sorry. How can I make it up to you?"

Her heart monitor started increasing again and we both turned to look at it. I turned back to her, but now she was red due to the embarrassment.

"I hate that thing." She pouted.

"Why? Cause it shows your emotions?" I asked teasingly.

"Yeah, it shows when I'm slowly sinking into your laughter. You know how much I love it." She whined.

"Back to my question earlier. How can I make it up to you?"